meandmyarmy

UFC

i reckon guida is overrated, i cant believe no expected huerta to win

i think that huerta, kenny florian and frank edgar should be next in line for a shot at the lightweight title

I was really impressed with Guida on Saturday night, this guy has a chance at a more than decent carrer

*bump!

"Card of the year" is set to go tonight and I am soooo excited! Watching the weigh ins yesterday you could feel the hate between Silva and Liddel, this fight should be a classic! I was very surprised to find out the GSP has been in training to try to qualify for the Canadian Olympic Mens wrestling team. Gsp should easily beat Hughes if the fight stays up tonight, if they go to the ground it could go either way, although I would have to give Hughes the edge on the ground beause of his track record.

Should be a great night for the UFC

i actually ordered this on ppv

i was interested in the guillard v clementi fight, because of the bad blood and also because i think guillard has amazing potential he just needs to mature and get his head on straight. again he fought rather poorly. clementi was such a dick afterwards though, i thought that was much worse than guillard flipping him off beforehand

the machida v sokodjou fight was a bit surprising considering how highly touted soko has been after beating two top ten ranked lhws, even though machida is undefeated and beat my boy rich franklin. machida showed he has liddell-like elusiveness and did well on the ground. an arm triangle against a much stronger opponent isnt easy to pull off even from the mount

the sanchez v palelei fight was kinda lame and i think they just wanted some heavyweights on the card. id have rather seen the lister and irvin fights

i had been so incredibly pumped for the wandy v chuck fight. my heart was pounding as they made their entrances. the whole fight i was on the edge of my seat with my mouth and eyes wide open. beforehand i thought wandy was going to win, because i thought he would be faster and fitter, and would perhaps be able to dominate in the clinch. also his two losses were to great fighters in cro cop and dan henderson, while liddells were to the (i think overrated) rampage and to keith jardine. anyway the fight was very entertaining with the second round being one of my favourite rounds ever. what chin and heart wandy showed. when he was getting rocked against the cage he kept swinging those windmill punches and was catching liddell on a couple of occasions

this will make for an interesting light heavyweight situation. i think liddell should rematch jardine in order to be in title contention, while the undefeated thiago silva and lyoto machida should also fight to be in that contention. wandy v tito should also be up for consideration, but theyll have to win a couple before they get back to the top

and lastly the gsp v hughes fight. wow. gsp has to give anderson silva a run as the best pund for pound fighter in the world right now. gsp's wrestling was incredible. not only did hughes never look like taking him down, but he could take hughes down at will. that final sweep he did was phenomenal. and the finish was definitely cool. he had a back leg triangle and a kimura going at the same time which he then switched into an arm bar. amazing.

my top ten fighters in the ufc in each weight division

Heavyweight:

1. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 30-4-1

2. Tim Sylvia 24-3

3. Gabriel Gonzaga 8-2

4. Andrei Arlovski 11-5

5. Frank Mir 10-3

6. Brandon Vera 8-1

7. Cheick Kongo 11-3-1

8. Mirko CroCop 22-6-2

9. Fabricio Werdum 9-3-1

10. Jake O

I'll Just do my favorite from each weight class

Heavyweight:

Tim Sylvia 24-3

Light Heavyweight:

Forrest Griffin 15-4

Middleweight:

Anderson Silva 20-4

Welterweight:

George St. Pierre 15-2

Lightweight:

Joe Stevenson 28-7

big tim v big nog is gonna be a great fight. i think sylvia is great i just want him to finish more fights

and i dunno how good forrest really is, but he sure is the funniest damn guy. it kinda sucks that everyones trying to take the shogun win away from him saying it was the least prepared shogun ever. i hope he gives rampage a good fight

damn i picked horribly this event

i cant believe how kendall grove and gonzaga got so dominated. ive been saying gonzaga will eventually be the champ, for over a year but now im not so sure

i feel for stevenson. that cut was nasty and pretty unlucky. im not sure how he would have won anyway though. bj penn has some amazing skills when he feels like using them

at least the irish hand grenade won by incredible knock out

well you can watch the fights within a few hours of them happening

like just type in something like: gabriel gonzaga ufc 80 video and some site like mmatko or dailymotion will have the fight

anderson silva's next fight is against pride welterwight (ufc middlewight equivalent) champion dan henderson at ufc 82. its a pretty highly anticipated fight. if anderson silva beats dan henderson theres really no one else of a top level left for him to beat. he'll have to wait for georges st pierre to move up a weight category which he's stated an interest in doing. in my opnion that would be the greatest mma match up ever.

well you can watch the fights within a few hours of them happening

like just type in something like: gabriel gonzaga ufc 80 video and some site like mmatko or dailymotion will have the fight

anderson silva's next fight is against pride welterwight (ufc middlewight equivalent) champion dan henderson at ufc 82. its a pretty highly anticipated fight. if anderson silva beats dan henderson theres really no one else of a top level left for him to beat. he'll have to wait for georges st pierre to move up a weight category which he's stated an interest in doing. in my opnion that would be the greatest mma match up ever.

WIN

apparently his goal is to become the welterweight (170) champ, then middlewight (185) champ then light heavyweight (205) champ, in order to create a legacy of being the best mixed martial artist ever. reportedly he walks around at least 190 and has to cut majorly to get to 170, so i think he'll be able to move up to middlewight easily, but he'll have to put a bit extra muscle on to do well at light heavyweight

The best fight we can hope for in MMA right now is Josh Barnett vs. Fedor Emelianenko... Anyone who REALLY follows the sport, not UFC, but the sport of MMA knows that Couture would get the brakes beaten off of him by both Barnett and Fedor... Couture v. Fedor would be epic, but fuck fedor would rape him...

Nog is going to submit Tim...

I have no idea what's going to happen with Lesnar, it will be entertaining...

Top 3 P4P in no order- Fedor, GSP, BJ Penn... Penn is going to destroy Sherk and I hope Serra beats GSP again but it wont happen...

Fedor is rumored to fight Semmy Schilt in April and his brother Aleks is rumored to fight Josh Barnett, this could lead up to an epic Fedor v. Barnett... we'll see...

oh and Gomi just signed to World Victory Road... What the fuck man? What is WVR?

i can't get into any fighting sports at all... i know people who get soooo into it but it has no effect on me. UFC, Boxing, whatever. oh well. my sport is getting started in a couple months and i'll be happy again.

i assume you mean baseball? cause i cannot stand baseball... WAY too overpaid