Sign in to follow this  
jmaureen

open mic tonight

i don't know how to respond to that, i mean they're radiohead.

i suppose it's no different than me or mooks releasing an album on our own and calling it an ep or lp or whatever,

the difference is, in rainbows will eventually be sold in stores. where, we'd have to have gotten signed at one point to make that happen.

well i'm not going anymore :\

next week i will.

but no, i've played there a few times. it's just this local coffee shop. it's lots of fun though, and less intimidating than other places, except for house shows maybe.

to me , for something to be an ep, i think that you would have to be signed. in other words, its just a bunch of songs you have recorded on your own

oh okay thanks dude i didn't know that because im delusional

open mic is fun. once i was at this coffee place during open mic night, this guy comes up doing def jam poetry and starts getting pissed off at everyone for being "too loud" and not listening basically. he kinda yelled at us and said he was going to start over once everyone was quiet.

awkwaaaaaaaaard.

im just working on my chops at this point

i mean playing my songs in front a mic is great when i can take three tries or so but i gotta get it right and not break a string and damn some of my stuff wears me out i get damn tired.

we were considering doing this before our gig but then we realised it's preferable to bomb in an empty pub with six drunken idiots we don't like than at an open mic night so it's been abandoned