Sign in to follow this  
KevRus

Radiohead + MRI's = Awesome

I had an MRI done this morning, and they let you bring a CD to the lab and they play it during the MRI to calm you down. I brought Kid A of course, and it was really bizarre. :icon_indi Random loud clicking noises, Kid A, and me dozing off every few minutes made it a really weird experience. O_o

Nah, you really don't. I've never had one done, but from what I gather it is sitting still for a very long time when very loud things are all over the place. Eh.

i just really want to see a scan of my brain. i know that when you are depressed or manic some parts of your brain are overactive, soo i think that would be pretty interesting to see. i hope my doctor suggests it.

wow.

I'd do the exact same thing if they asked me.

I'd be peaceful in a coffin for hours if they let me listen to KID A (probably)

and I never had a achance to add this smiley so forgive me I cant wait any longer to have any relatedness in the message. Dancin thom :)

:dancingthom:

I had an MRI done this morning, and they let you bring a CD to the lab and they play it during the MRI to calm you down. I brought Kid A of course, and it was really bizarre. :icon_indi Random loud clicking noises, Kid A, and me dozing off every few minutes made it a really weird experience. O_o

when I saw your sig, I thought it said 'ALMONDS'

i think this would be better

I'm "omggetawayfromme" insane.:yeah:

Anyways, mine took about an hour, but it depends on what you're getting scanned I guess. It could be 30-90 minutes.

It's not really anything exciting. You lay on a bench thing, they slide you into a reallllly narrow and claustraphobia-inducing tube, and you lay there really still for a long time. I don't understand why people are so freaked out by them, but it is kinda annoying lying there for so long. If you move they have to start the scan over. Oh and it's really freakin' loud, I could barely hear How to Disappear Completely over the loud metal clanking noises. :(

I'm "omggetawayfromme" insane.:yeah:

Anyways' date=' mine took about an hour, but it depends on what you're getting scanned I guess. It could be 30-90 minutes.

It's not really anything exciting. You lay on a bench thing, they slide you into a reallllly narrow and claustraphobia-inducing tube, and you lay there really still for a long time. I don't understand why people are so freaked out by them, but it is kinda annoying lying there for so long. If you move they have to start the scan over. Oh and it's really freakin' loud, I could barely hear How to Disappear Completely over the loud metal clanking noises. :([/quote']

so is it kind of like a really long CT scan... cause thats what i'm getting from this.

how much different is an MRI from a CT scan?

not really that much different, but they don't have to inject you with that weird stuff that makes you feel all warm and tingly like when you get a ct scan.

they didn't tell me i could listen to stuff for mine :(