Sign in to follow this  
electioneer1313

Some weird radiohead stuff was happening today

So I was driving in my car, listening to HTTT, when Backdrifts comes on. And the most bizarre thing happens: at the beginning of the song, when it's just the synth, I can hear, faintly but distinctly, an echoey beat behind it, which I know is not there. The weirdest part is that it sounds like it's coming from outside, but it can't be. It can't be perfectly synchronized and following the beats of the synth. So I close the window and lean near the left speaker on the dash (around where I hear it) and it's gone! I can only hear it when the window is open. This is the second time this has happened to me, and it's weirding the shit out of me. Anybody else experience this? It sounds pretty sick actually.

On another note, I was in the drive-thru at A&W, and I notice I don't have any money with me. Right as I drive away, Thom starts yelling "you have not been paying attention".

yeah Thom keeps writing me messages on DAS and deleting them before anyone else sees. "ban them Penny" he says, "ban them all"

if you did that... even if for one day... I would buy you a coke if we ever ran into each other

I actually know exactly what you're talking about. From what I could tell it was the sound of the wind comming through the windows and I was hearing it in between beats.

man i love my monthly quests into grc. it's threads like these that really make me happy. but seriously that happens to me some times when i listen to music, i hear weird parts that aren't there. only when i'm stoned though. were you stoned son?

I don't hear things durring the song, but i'll hear a part of a song when im not listening to it.....Like those haunting backround Synth sounds in Where I End And You Begin

i have experienced a pulsing kind of beat thing that can be very oppressive when driving with the windows open. it is usually when one of the back windows is only partly open and you are driving at about 60/70.

it you close the window it goes away.

it has been my experience that when you have one of your back windows partially open at a higher rate of speed that it causes a pressure differential that messes with your ears.

Also has anyone noticed that if you put all your speakers to one car in a sealed car that it sort of void feeling in the side without sound, an actual physical feeling

do your speakers suck? because i don't get the synchd beat with good earphones but with blown out ones its very distinct.

*i know he said it was in a car but its the same concept

You know the coolest thing about this Backdrifts occurrence is that it's a sick beat. The sound is like something straight off of a drum machine, and it's so nice sounding that I think it would improve the song. Anyway, another RH event today: As I was driving on the highway, I kinda zoned out and drove over the rumble strip on the shoulder, which definitely got my attention. Then Thom said "don't fall asleep at the wheel", from Kinetic. I think it might be safe to say that insanity is a plausible diagnosis at this point...

there was some music they put on das lately. I had that downloaded from hodiaudirekton page. and listened to it a few times. Which has haunting kinda humanoid voice in it. And I kept hearing that vaguely all thru the day. If the hodiau page worked well and did not put that function to the page, to play it partially in the background, or if it wasnt a virus playing itself, then I reeeaaaally had the hearings. I'm sure. I could hear the exact melody. But parts from the soundclip, like they are completing the whole. It was scary. I couldnt listen to it once again til that day.