ARobben

FUTBOL/SOCCOR

Australia left Oceania to join Asia' date=' to have more competition, like Asian Cup and Asian Champions League.

so basically Oceania's best team now is New Zealand[/quote']

Is Fiji

LEROOOOOOOY LIIIITAAA

what a muppet

just shows all that penalty practise means fuck all when faced with the real thing, lets just face it england with never win when it comes to penaltes

what a muppet

just shows all that penalty practise means fuck all when faced with the real thing' date=' lets just face it england with never win when it comes to penaltes[/quote']

spain 96 !

as long as its not Barcelona.

i dont really mind Madrid anymore' date=' they arent that GALACTICO'S MADRID team anymore.

oh yes and Sevilla really fucked up, if they won today it would've been a 3 way tie.

and USA wins, i cant take this Gold Cup, its obviously going to be a USA/Mexico final. bring on Copa America already[/quote']Didn't Bradley already indicate that the Copa America is second to the Gold Cup and they'll be playing second stringers mostly?

I think the US performance against Guatamala showed a big weakness in the back 4 (Onyewu is an idiot). Unfortunately, the officiating has been rather sub-par in both USA games even if the USA has benefitted according to the score line.

Donovan showed some spark against T and T, but he was fresh and T and T were worn out from a Fridays match. Johnson has a lot of promise, but seems to throw chances away. Dempsey and Beasley, I like them. But all together, our attacking players fail to capitalize unless it's an easy tap in (which, fortunately, Donovan, Bornstein, Falhaiber can create).

Keller and Howard do a good job in goal.

Everyone says the US squad has depth, but I think that's because no one is performing any miracles out there. We need a leader and Donovan should be the guy. We'll see how he develops. Bradley should stop using a completely different starting 11. Give someone (Donovan or Dempsey, and Bocanegra) the chance to be the solid, go-to, warhorse.

Edit- oh yeah, Twellman has played well.

Didn't Bradley already indicate that the Copa America is second to the Gold Cup and they'll be playing second stringers mostly?

I think the US performance against Guatamala showed a big weakness in the back 4 (Onyewu is an idiot). Unfortunately' date=' the officiating has been rather sub-par in both USA games even if the USA has benefitted according to the score line.

Donovan showed some spark against T and T, but he was fresh and T and T were worn out from a Fridays match. Johnson has a lot of promise, but seems to throw chances away. Dempsey and Beasley, I like them. But all together, our attacking players fail to capitalize unless it's an easy tap in (which, fortunately, Donovan, Bornstein, Falhaiber can create).

Keller and Howard do a good job in goal.

Everyone says the US squad has depth, but I think that's because no one is performing any miracles out there. We need a leader and Donovan should be the guy. We'll see how he develops. Bradley should stop using a completely different starting 11. Give someone (Donovan or Dempsey, and Bocanegra) the chance to be the solid, go-to, warhorse.

Edit- oh yeah, Twellman has played well.[/quote']

yea that pisses me off, i mean i understand that winning the gold cup, helps the fifa rankings and world cup seeding. and it gives us a berth in the Confederations cup, but who the fuck cares about this tournament? i mean USA would most likely win the gold cup with a second string team, unless we played Mexico. But now we gotta deal with sending in a 2nd string team to Copa America, and going 3 and out in the group stage. yep thats a great way to show how far the US team has come.

i agree with Onyewu, maybe his little spell in Newcastle hurt his confidence. and yes, Concacaf referee's are the worst in the world.

The US just needs a pure finisher, Defense is full of European players, and most of the fullbacks are young so thats good. Midfield is mostly European based players too, and im liking that Feilhaber and Bradley are making a good central midfield partnership at such a young age. But all our fowards play in the MLS, and none of them really show the ability to score against world class teams.

2nd string US team, opening up against Argentina in Copa America. going up against Tevez and Messi. we shouldnt have bothered to accept the invitation if we werent planing on brining our A team. stupid USSF

We already did right? That Preki guy, and David Regis was a fullback from a few years ago who never got a sniff of attention from France, not that he should have.

Anyways, is the game on TV tonight ryan? I can't seem to find any listings.

We already did right? That Preki guy' date=' and David Regis was a fullback from a few years ago who never got a sniff of attention from France, not that he should have.

Anyways, is the game on TV tonight ryan? I can't seem to find any listings.[/quote']

FSC. they are covering all US gold cup games. or one of those Mexican channels if you dont want to hear those terrible american commentators.

GOLTV is covering all Copa America games also when that starts

FSC. they are covering all US gold cup games. or one of those Mexican channels if you dont want to hear those terrible american commentators.

GOLTV is covering all Copa America games also when that starts

shit i dont have cable anymore. time to invite myself over to a friends house.

yea that pisses me off' date=' i mean i understand that winning the gold cup, helps the fifa rankings and world cup seeding. and it gives us a berth in the Confederations cup, but who the fuck cares about this tournament? i mean USA would most likely win the gold cup with a second string team, unless we played Mexico. But now we gotta deal with sending in a 2nd string team to Copa America, and going 3 and out in the group stage. yep thats a great way to show how far the US team has come.

i agree with Onyewu, maybe his little spell in Newcastle hurt his confidence. and yes, Concacaf referee's are the worst in the world.

The US just needs a pure finisher, Defense is full of European players, and most of the fullbacks are young so thats good. Midfield is mostly European based players too, and im liking that Feilhaber and Bradley are making a good central midfield partnership at such a young age. But all our fowards play in the MLS, and none of them really show the ability to score against world class teams.

2nd string US team, opening up against Argentina in Copa America. going up against Tevez and Messi. we shouldnt have bothered to accept the invitation if we werent planing on brining our A team. stupid USSF[/quote']Here's what I want to see:

Johnson using the outside more instead of running up the middle. The guy has speed (so I hear) but he gets bogged down. He should be making long runs if he has speed.

Fewer shanked attempts even from off balance. I think the first breakaway for Ching against T and T says it all. Force the keeper to make the save, instead of trying to hit the 5% of the goal where a shot is unsavable. You're not that good.

Our defense breaks down if they can't stop an attack in the first five passes. When Guatemala and China were able to control the ball all the way to the corner flag, the crosses were always very dangerous.

Here's what I like:

The mid-field play dominated China and T and T. Guatemala was more about long ball and a worse showing than the other games. Good overlap runs (finishing has been poor though). Good air play especially in the China game. Against Guatemala the officiating made it impossible, but we still won almost every battle in the air. Good goalkeeping even when kept cold by a game controled in the midfield.

edit - we really need to win the Gold Cup, no doubt. But with the youth and inexperience of our best players, they should be playing in the Copa America. Even if there is an outstanding performance by a few key players in the Copa America, the management is forced to make a tough decision: do they promote a 2nd stringer for his good play in a tough tournament or do they keep the 1st string who came in with more talent?

Guys like Twellman, Dempsey, Beasley and Johnson, plus let's see if Onyewu can handle it, need to make their bones against opponents like Argentina.

4-0 USA over El Salvador. we dominated all play.

pretty solid officials this time around.

Donovan's penalty was pretty funny. He missed but it was called back for a retake because he made the goal off the deflection but Michael Bradley (USA) encroached.

Beasley's first goal looked great. Threaded through four or five El Salvadorians bottom corner far post. Keeper was in full dive and couldn't get there in time.

missed the game.

at least Mexico won, so we didndt have to play them first knock-out round, now they can only meet in Final. Panama will be a tough game, rematch of the last final.

and i hope Canada gets through Guatemala, so they play US