arosen

MLB Thread

and it doesnt feel special at all.

edit: I applaude the person who has Carlos Lee on their Fantasy Team.

3 hrs' date=' and i think 6 rbis tonight in philly.[/quote']

that would be me! i am very verrrrrry pleased

it feels incredibly special. it doesnt feel special for you, thats great. youre a houston fan, you have bigger problems.

haha duke thought he could pitch on the inside corner. come on, dude. bonds is lightening fast on the inside, not a chance. he's been lightening fast in there for his whole career!

remember when bonds had 69 home runs and houston refused to pitch to him because they were terrified? they gave bonds one pitch to hit all series and he connected for number 70, at minute maid park. do you think thats why android is so bitter? =\

remember when bonds had 69 home runs and houston refused to pitch to him because they were terrified? they gave bonds one pitch to hit all series and he connected for number 70, at minute maid park. do you think thats why android is so bitter? =\

haha i forgot about that. that definitely could be it

it feels incredibly special. it doesnt feel special for you' date=' thats great. youre a houston fan, you have bigger problems.

haha duke thought he could pitch on the inside corner. come on, dude. bonds is lightening fast on the inside, not a chance. he's been lightening fast in there for his whole career![/quote']

You know what does feel special, Craig Biggio is on his way to 3000 hits (about 60 away) and hes already in I believe 8th place for career doubles (650+). Hes one of the greatest 2nd basemen of all time. Yet, he gets no national coverage because he plays in Houston and talks about his wife and sons every chance he gets. Bonds well, we all know how Bonds is.

Hank Aaron thinks Bond's is a cheater too, I guess that doesnt mean anything.

No, i was pissed off about that too. I wanted them to pitch to him just to get the damn thing over with. I was excited about Barry Bonds that year but then we find out about all these steroid rumors sourrounding him it pissed me off. I loved Barry Bonds but finding out all that shit he probably did upsetted me so much than you can imagine.

bonds does nothing but talk about his family, his godfather, and that he loves the game. the press everywhere he goes badgers him about the record and he just tells them if it happens, great, but he's never enjoyed playing baseball more than he does right now so let's focus on that.

oh and bonds is nearing 3,000 hits as well lol. he's also 2 multi-homerun games away from ruth's all time record of 72.

:rockout::rockout:

and android, about the biggio coverage thing, SF has the greatest shortstop currently playing the game and he gets absolutely no credit. the dude's about to break his own record for oldest player to get a gold glove. he's 40 years old and can do blackflips over second base to complete a double play, ridiculous. but people still jizz over whoever the flavor of the month is in their 'holy trinity' of boston/ny/ny. bonds deserves the coverage, hes about to break the greatest record in sports. no need for us to rag on him. what we need to do is unite against our common enemies in new england!

what we need to do is unite against our common enemies in new england!

As a Yankee fan, it pisses me off that I can't even rightfully get angry at this statement. Between us, the Mets and the Sox our payrolls are about half a billion dollars.

It's totally fucking absurd.

bonds does nothing but talk about his family' date=' his godfather, and that he loves the game. the press everywhere he goes badgers him about the record and he just tells them if it happens, great, but he's never enjoyed playing baseball more than he does right now so let's focus on that.

oh and bonds is nearing 3,000 hits as well lol. he's also 2 multi-homerun games away from ruth's all time record of 72.

:rockout::rockout:

and android, about the biggio coverage thing, SF has the greatest shortstop currently playing the game and he gets absolutely no credit. the dude's about to break his own record for oldest player to get a gold glove. he's 40 years old and can do blackflips over second base to complete a double play, ridiculous. but people still jizz over whoever the flavor of the month is in their 'holy trinity' of boston/ny/ny. bonds deserves the coverage, hes about to break the greatest record in sports. no need for us to rag on him. [b']what we need to do is unite against our common enemies in new england![/b]

Good idea, just stop dissing my 'stros. I diss bonds not the Giants.

Being a Giants fan, don't you as well?

The astros are playing ok right now. I think they are losing to the Phillies right now but they have won 4 out of there last 5.

man bonds's swing is so perfect.

it's so compact, but so powerful. his hands always stay inside the ball and god fucking dammit, he gets his hands extended. weight transfer is even better than Griffey's in his prime. It's a thing of beauty, and whatever you want to say about him, you can't take that swing away 'cause it's perfect regardless if he's doing heroin every game.

oh and the braves need to find their offense hardcore if they want to keep redman in the rotation lol.

This Tigers/Jays series has been fun. It's to bad that Bonderman had to lose that game friday night, he pitched so well.

Ya, another good series, we've split both so far thanks to B.J. ( now on the 15 day dl)

Ok, it's only the third week of the season and the Royals are killing me. I know you guys aren't surprised that they're already in last with the worst record in the AL but seriously. They tear my heart out every year. We all thought they were really going to improve this year too. 3-10. Lost five in a row. Team batting average of .225. No bullpen. Our rookie "phenom" leads the league in K's. Our "team leader" veteran clean up hitter is hitting .152. Our best pitcher gives up a g-slam and throws 49 pitches before being yanked after 2/3 of an inning yesterday. Ugh. I'm just venting sorry.

Go Royals!!!!

Ok' date=' it's only the third week of the season and the Royals are killing me. I know you guys aren't surprised that they're already in last with the worst record in the AL but seriously. They tear my heart out every year. We all thought they were really going to improve this year too. 3-10. Lost five in a row. Team batting average of .225. No bullpen. Our rookie "phenom" leads the league in K's. Our "team leader" veteran clean up hitter is hitting .152. Our best pitcher gives up a g-slam and throws 49 pitches before being yanked after 2/3 of an inning yesterday. Ugh. I'm just venting sorry.

Go Royals!!!![/quote']

Hey man, its ok. My team lost 119 games a few years ago, and we won the AL penant last year. there is hope, i promise you, there is hope...

Thanks man. I was proud of the Tigers last year. I wished like hell they could have beat the damn cardinals. Gotta have love for the AL Central. Just little squirrels trying to get some nuts.

Thanks man. I was proud of the Tigers last year. I wished like hell they could have beat the damn cardinals. Gotta have love for the AL Central. Just little squirrels trying to get some nuts.

Best division in baseball... just like the central is the best division in basketball. The midwest has great sports teams.

It did take us a while to get to where we are. Dave Dombrowski (a graduate of the university i attend, oh yea) came to detroit after a couple years (maybe even the year after) him and Leyland won it all with the Marlins. It took him a few years to build something here in detroit, but man did he ever.