arosen

MLB Thread

alright lets straighten this out

the following players are fine:

pagan (he's been horribly unlucky, good at bats but bad babip. three of his line drives turn into hits and he's hitting .280 or something)

lincecum (ditto, absurd .500 babip against or something, FIP is consistent)

belt (he is awesome and needs to play every day)

the following players suck ass:

huff (he looks as lost as ever)

theriot (holy shit)

burris (non prospect with limited defensive ability, your starting 2B! here take the job!)

pill (unfair, but he sucks ass as a starter. actually happy with him in his (seemingly) current role as a RHB off the bench, seems suited well for that)

that game was the best regular season game ive ever seen.

matt cain

9 IP 2 H 1 BB 4 K 91 pitches (!)

cliff lee

10 IP 5 H 0 BB 7 K 89 pitches through 9, 102 overall

game was less than 3 hours. both pitchers at the height of their powers. phillies had some sloppy defense and the giants locked it down and that ended up deciding it. total classic.

manuel on cain, 2011: good, not great

to reiterate the zito point, the dude has a .176 BABIP (which means he's getting lucky that a lot of balls in play are hit at players, when a pitcher has very little control over that) and 4.60 xFIP (which means that he's getting lucky that a lot of fly balls are not going for home runs, when a pitcher has very little control over that). which, in total, basically means he's pitching exactly the same as he did the last 2 years but is getting different results. dude is going to come to earth hard.

i feel like i made this exact post last spring

edit: also, so i'm not just shitting on someone elses fun times, wtf wainwright sucks so far

When you're 20 games into the season and you have 5 losses to the orioles it's time to throw in the towel

When you're 20 games into the season and you have 5 losses to the orioles it's time to throw in the towel

The only reason I keep holding onto hope is the BoSox have been horrible.......that and Jose is due to explode

Great baseball strategy: Take out a guy who's given up 2 hits and 1 run through 6 innings and put in Luke Putkonen.

I'm tired of seeing talented team after talented team underachieve every year because our manager is a full-blown retard.

I'm convinced that success in MLB is strictly based on a team's pitching staff. Just like how it's based on big men in the NBA and quarterbacks in the NFL.