Sign in to follow this  
Defmoon

hail to the theif interviews?

I just watched an interview with thom yorke where he said that after hail to the thief they lost all self confidence. i was just wondering what exactly the band members thought about hail to the thief, so if anyone has any good interviews i'd be grateful.

he meant the touring and press campaign that came with HTTT, not the album itself. they have slagged it off a bit though, like they slagged off all their albums further down the line. it seems to be a routine... in interviews, you get insightful stuff that can help you listen in a sense when a record comes out and they're close to the creative process that made it, and then next time around they try and escape it. HTTT is no exception. i don't like this method personally 'cos it gets to a point where you wonder if they're just reacting against themselves. that's my biggest pause for thought when it comes to LP7, if it does turn out to be a hermetically sealed producer's kind of album.

I just watched an interview with thom yorke where he said that after hail to the thief they lost all self confidence.[/b'] i was just wondering what exactly the band members thought about hail to the thief, so if anyone has any good interviews i'd be grateful.

thats obviously the reason why they havent released LP7 yet

he meant the touring and press campaign that came with HTTT, not the album itself. they have slagged it off a bit though, like they slagged off all their albums further down the line. it seems to be a routine... in interviews, you get insightful stuff that can help you listen in a sense when a record comes out and they're close to the creative process that made it, and then next time around they try and escape it. HTTT is no exception. i don't like this method personally 'cos it gets to a point where you wonder if they're just reacting against themselves. that's my biggest pause for thought when it comes to LP7, if it does turn out to be a hermetically sealed producer's kind of album.

It does seem to be an overwhelmingly popular trend (if not completely pervasive) to dislike one's own music.