Sign in to follow this  
Christina Ann

Climbing up the walls

well i'll admit that i have not heard every Radiohead song ever made. but of the ones i have heard i think this song might be the creepiest. and probably the same goes for songs not by radiohead. someone showed the lyrics to me and we were talking about its creepiness. but again, it's a wonderful song.

"... I've got the smell of a local man

Who's got the loneliest feeling"

"You know we're friends till we die."

"I am the key to the lock in your house."

It

yeah, very creepy in a good way

as for the meaning, i think Thom said something about when he worked in a mental hospital, there were some patients who would totally freak out at night cos they thought a monster was right outside of their window, and the song is from the point of view of the monster

or something like that...

I think I read something about that it is about not feeling safe...not even in your house...or maybe I just related it from a part of Meeting People Is Easy that you can hear the song in the back and see a sign that says The Day of Fear or something like that.

I really like the song, Well, actually, I think it is an amasing song...but it actually makes me think of sad things, and I remember hjaving to cover my ears quite a few times while he screams towards the end, cause it would make me feel desperate and alone...while I was in the exchange program

and now, whenever I listen to it, it makes me feel that way, like it transports me, and I listen to it when I'm sad and want to be "better" in the way that only Radiohead can make you feel...even sadder...but in a good way...you all understand me, right?

Originally posted by plastic_girl@Jan 13 2005, 02:18 PM

I think I read something about that it is about not feeling safe...not even in your house...or maybe I just related it from a part of Meeting People Is Easy that you can hear the song in the back and see a sign that says The Day of Fear or something like that.

I really like the song, Well, actually, I think it is an amasing song...but it actually makes me think of sad things, and I remember hjaving to cover my ears quite a few times while he screams towards the end, cause it would make me feel desperate and alone...while I was in the exchange program

and now, whenever I listen to it, it makes me feel that way, like it transports me, and I listen to it when I'm sad and want to be "better" in the way that only Radiohead can make you feel...even sadder...but in a good way...you all understand me, right?

yeah, i know what you mean.

im just getting ready for work , and i feel like shit, then i listen to a song with my eyes shut, and i still feel sad, but good as well kind of.

Originally posted by beeeep..whrrr@Mar 12 2005, 08:00 AM

brilliant song. I think that having 'no surprises' after this song was brilliant - its such a weird contrast in music.

yeah. it's showing what a powerful band radiohead are, cause they can make two so different aongs after one another