i tried one at a virtual driving range at Golf Town, not a fan myself, i like a smaller club head i feel i have more control with it, i guess that is why i choose my 3 wood over driver most times. I find hitting 240 in the fairway is better then hittin 290 into the trees.

i'm home for lunch watching the us open. i meant to be back in half an hour ago. oh well, this shit is addicting. i can't believe this course. it's so much crazier than i remember it being last time the open was here

golf is fucking shit when you play like a mentally retarded pig. I played the otehr day on a par 3 course, and on average i got about 5/6 on each hole. When i play like that i can't wait till i finish. When i play well i wanna go around again and again.

Little statement there.

Oh and dear god watching golf actually sends me to sleep. I very rarely sleep during the day but since when i was watching the gol at Wentworth i couldn't keep awake. The commentator has such a droany, boring voice and the games so slow.

i'm home for lunch watching the us open. i meant to be back in half an hour ago. oh well, this shit is addicting. i can't believe this course. it's so much crazier than i remember it being last time the open was here

yeah the place is absolutely nuts, check out some of the before/after pictures of them removing all the trees

tigers been in a major slump lately...

he's in the final group with aaron baddaley for the u.s. open

we'll see if he can come from behind to win a major (never won unless tied or leading going into the last round)

but i'm pulling for baddaley (baddeley?)

what's the word on these newfangled square/cube drivers? anyone try em?

nike_sqsumo2_driver_sm.jpg

hold on...let me grab my golf mag for its review

Score Golf (Published by The Globe and Mail):

Nike SasQuatch Sumo Squared

Who's playing it on tour? KJ Choi

What Nike says: The SasQuatch Sumo2 driver features a powerful new square geometry to deliver the highest moment of inertia in golf. The Sumo2 is the ultimate driver for distance, foregiveness and accuracy.

What is Moment of Inertia? (MOI)

Essentially, it's the club's resistance to twisting on off-centre hits. So if you have a higher MOI, the more stable it is at impact. And if it's more stable, then there is less bad spin, which in turn causes hooks and the dreaded slice.

the thing with tiger and majors is he's NEVER come from behind to win one. no doubt he's a phenomenal player, but he needs to get on that shit if he wants to beat nicklaus' record for career majors.

my dad ridiculously subscribes to golfworld and their report on the open was excellent-tiger gave cabrera a big hug and said "you deserve this, you went out there and won it" or something to that extent--this is the kind of thing i like to hear, even after the tv cameras can't get off his heartbroken face on 17 and 18.

was i the only one who wanted to see jim furyk take it?

also: summer green fees. time to play tons of golf on the cheap, because it's hot as hell.

shot an 87 the other day

granted' date=' it was on a par 70, but it felt pretty good[/quote']

damn...last time i played i shot 21+ on a 72 par:icon_cry:

my goal for next round is to shoot a 15+