depends on the grass in front of the green and how much green you have to work with before the pin. if the grass is quite thick, it would be best to use the sand wedge. actually the bump and run is only good from quite close, because if youre doing it from 50 yards, you cant afford to pitch on the green unless theres a shitload of green between you and the pin, and even pitching on nice fairway grass from that distance runs the risk of getting some sort of bad bounce.

I work at an golf course clubhouse so I get to play a bit for nothing, sometimes hit the putting green or the nets after work in the evenings. I'm pretty hopeless though although I do enjoy it alot.

a high loft wedge (greater than or equal to 56 degrees) is essential gear for short shots out of the rough' date=' but be wary of hitting them on the fairway, as the bounce can play hell with your swing.

what the hell are you doing within 50 yards of the green and not on it? that should only happen on par 5's or really long par 4's. on an average par 4 your 2nd shot should hit the green, under ideal circumstances, or at least be in one of the bunkers/the rough around it.

instead of a lob wedge, give the 8-iron bump a try when in really short range... it's about a quarter swing, low flying ball that can roll to tough pin positions.[/quote']

i was practicing my short game, thats why

no you didnt

i know:(

it was a mere birdy. but i only play with 4 different clubs(driver, putter, 4, p(?)) so that counts for 2 shots less.

depends on the grass in front of the green and how much green you have to work with before the pin. if the grass is quite thick, it would be best to use the sand wedge. actually the bump and run is only good from quite close, because if youre doing it from 50 yards, you cant afford to pitch on the green unless theres a shitload of green between you and the pin, and even pitching on nice fairway grass from that distance runs the risk of getting some sort of bad bounce.

that's why i aim for exactly one bounce on the fairway in front of the green to slow it down and roll to the pin. you're part right though, its better for a pin placed in the back, but it can work under more circumstances than you think.

it had potential to be exciting after the 16th...Tiger needing to birdie the last 2 holes to tie and force a playoff? and I know I was thinking on 17...if he birdies here theres no stopping him on 18

and he blew it right into that bunker

i played in high school

one of my competitors became the college coach of zach johnson, this years god-fearing masters champ (that makes me .. nothing)

but i won a couple o' tournaments and shot 69 (3 under) once in a fluke round

don't play no more so sad

just started playing. love it. i've got a wicked slice off the tee all of a sudden, though....

it's great when you're out with a few buddies who aren't all that serious about the game. people who get overly frustrated/egotistical out on the course should just stay home.

just started playing. love it. i've got a wicked slice off the tee all of a sudden' date=' though....

it's great when you're out with a few buddies who aren't all that serious about the game. people who get a frustrated/egotistical out on the course should just stay home.[/quote']

i agree.

i'm looking forward to playing again this summer.