Meejum

The Tennis Thread

In a way I'm sort of disappointed. Federer is one of those god-like sportspeople that it feels wrong when they don't win. Anyone else know where I'm coming from?

Roddick def. Djokovic 7-6(5) 6-3 - Dubai semis

I dislike Roddick immensely, but credit where it is due. He was superb today, combining superb attacking and defensive baseline player together, and this is another impressive and thoroughly deserved victory for him.

That said, I dislike Djokobitch with more venom. So for one night only, A-Dick is a fucking hero!

Roddick def. Djokovic 7-6(5) 6-3 - Dubai semis

I dislike Roddick immensely, but credit where it is due. He was superb today, combining superb attacking and defensive baseline player together, and this is another impressive and thoroughly deserved victory for him.

That said, I dislike Djokobitch with more venom. So for one night only, A-Dick is a fucking hero!

Why is this? I don't particulary like his game, I think he is one dimensional and doesn't do anything particularly special, just big serve + forehand. But he is one of the nicest people on tour! I love watching his matches though because he has a great sense of humour.

Here he is on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross (british chat show)

http://www.weshow.com/uk/p/7856/jonathan_ross_interviews_andy_roddick

In a way I'm sort of disappointed. Federer is one of those god-like sportspeople that it feels wrong when they don't win. Anyone else know where I'm coming from?

hahah yeah totally

im that way with tiger woods, i wanna be able to say "yes grandkids, i lived in the time of tiger woods!"

Yeah, I was going to start listing god-like people like Tiger and Michael Schumacher etc but then I thought people probably didn't need me to do that ;)~ but yeah, I agree.

Why is this? I don't particulary like his game, I think he is one dimensional and doesn't do anything particularly special, just big serve + forehand. But he is one of the nicest people on tour! I love watching his matches though because he has a great sense of humour.

Yeah, I agree with this as well, I don't much like Roddick's tennis, but I really like him 'coz he makes me laugh every time I see him interviewed.

But he is one of the nicest people on tour! I love watching his matches though because he has a great sense of humour.

que? :icon_eek:

Roddick? The same Roddick who uses poor intimidation and bullying tactics on younger / lower ranked players? The same tactless clown who treats officials and ballkids like shit?

I have no problems with arseholes (hey, Nalbandian is my favourite active player) but if you're going to be an arse at least stick it to your equals, but Andy wouldn't dare dream to even glance at Federer the wrong way. - Not enough lube for that.

i can understand being a dick to chair umpires. tennis is such a stressful game and when i played if a potentially game turning call went against me i would let rip on the chair umpire. i know they have a tough job but not as tough as the players

its pretty not cool to treat a ball boy/girl like shit but ive never seen roddick do that

and ive never seen these bullying tactics either

Come on Murray!

Should be quite a match between Murray and Haas. Their last encounter was an epic.

its pretty not cool to treat a ball boy/girl like shit but ive never seen roddick do that

and ive never seen these bullying tactics either

Haven't regularly followed Roddick matches I take it? It's nothing new with him, but it's beyond obnoxious now.

Haven't regularly followed Roddick matches I take it? It's nothing new with him, but it's beyond obnoxious now.

if its so obvious and frequent do you wanna show some evidence like an article about it or a video of it? because saying that is pretty meaningless

Roddick's "new style" is a direct result of him hiring Jimmy Connors as coach. Who regularly employed mental tactics on court, arguing and bickering and swearing etc. Roddick doesn't do it with any grace, you could call it sportsmanship like against Kohlschreiber, or you could call it tactical, don't know, but he does treat Federer with upmost respect which is not what Nadal does.

Murray lost to Haas. :-( 6-2, 5-7, 3-6. His serve was very unreliable from set 2 onwards. He won't drop any places though, thankfully.

if by new tactics you mean serve and volleying, then yeah. if you mean swearing and arguing then thats just silly. no coach would encourage that. you never win the argument and you just get frustrated and it possibly even encourages the chair umpire to give more bad calls against you

if its so obvious and frequent do you wanna show some evidence like an article about it or a video of it? because saying that is pretty meaningless

Seriously, a quick search on menstennisforums.com will bring up enough articles and incidents on Roddick's douchebag ways.

Roddick's "new style" is a direct result of him hiring Jimmy Connors as coach. Who regularly employed mental tactics on court, arguing and bickering and swearing etc. Roddick doesn't do it with any grace, you could call it sportsmanship like against Kohlschreiber, or you could call it tactical, don't know, but he does treat Federer with upmost respect which is not what Nadal does.

Murray lost to Haas. :-( 6-2, 5-7, 3-6. His serve was very unreliable from set 2 onwards. He won't drop any places though, thankfully.

I quote Roddick himself; "I've been a brat for a long time. This isn't something that came along in the last year and a half with Jimmy." ;)~

But it's only a good thing that he and Connors have split. That vile thing has destroyed Roddick's forehand.

Throughly deserved victory for Haas. He played some beautiful, attacking tennis. It's just incredible to even see him play such competitive levels again.

Woeful from Murray. A patchy performance and some disgusting passive play. He needs a coach asap. He is just hurting himself by surrounding himself with a bunch of yes-men.

Casually, not in any real competitive sense. Though I always have to win otherwise I get mad.

The toughest part for me is letting mistakes/points that i should have won go. it's so frustrating when you miss a shot you can and should've made. or when your opponent just.makes.you.hit.one.more.shot. Then you miss the easy finishing shot.

Casually, not in any real competitive sense. Though I always have to win otherwise I get mad.

The toughest part for me is letting mistakes/points that i should have won go. it's so frustrating when you miss a shot you can and should've made. or when your opponent just.makes.you.hit.one.more.shot. Then you miss the easy finishing shot.

I was the same way when I played, I played in high school. I've always had a a bad backhand, and a good forehand