Meejum

The Tennis Thread

Federer just lost. In a Grand Slam :icon_eek:

I knew Djokovich was pretty awesome, but I would never have seen this coming. Anyone actually seen this Tsonga guy play? I have no idea who's gonna win now.

unbelievable...

If he beat Nadal that easily, he's got a good shot...

I'm so sad that I didn't see the match. The US Open final between the two of them last summer was so enjoyable to watch. I feel sorry for Federer, he must just wake up every day assuming he's going to pwn. It'll be interesting to see where he goes from here, if this is just a blip, or the end of an era.

I'm so sad that I didn't see the match. The US Open final between the two of them last summer was so enjoyable to watch. I feel sorry for Federer, he must just wake up every day assuming he's going to pwn. It'll be interesting to see where he goes from here, if this is just a blip, or the end of an era.

well, Federer did lost to Sampras in the 2nd of their 'exhibition' matches... I do really enjoy watching Nadal play, though... Kinda reminds me a little of the old Boris Becker days... :icon_lol:

So Federer wasn't near his best, was he. Oh well. We all have bad days

The last time Federer lost a singles match in a grand slam tournament that wasn't the French Open was to Safin in what, 2005? And the level of that match was just immense

So Federer wasn't near his best, was he. Oh well. We all have bad days

The last time Federer lost a singles match in a grand slam tournament that wasn't the French Open was to Safin in what, 2005? And the level of that match was just immense

wish I had seen the match... too lame to turn on the tv... duh.

well, Federer did lost to Sampras in the 2nd of their 'exhibition' matches... I do really enjoy watching Nadal play, though... Kinda reminds me a little of the old Boris Becker days... :icon_lol:

I despise Nadal for some reason. I think it has to do with him beating Agassi in his final Wimbledon, I've been an Agassi fan since I was a kid. Plus there's just something about his attitude that bugs me. I dunno.

I like Djokovich a lot though, I look forward to watching his career.

I despise Nadal for some reason. I think it has to do with him beating Agassi in his final Wimbledon, I've been an Agassi fan since I was a kid. Plus there's just something about his attitude that bugs me. I dunno.

I like Djokovich a lot though, I look forward to watching his career.

Always loved Agassi. Saw him play McEnroe in an exhibition in NJ, front row. He still had the long hair then. Didn't get his autograph, but we were sitting right behind McEnroe, so he gave us his. Agassi is the real deal. Real good guy.

As for the attitude thing, yeah... Nadal does have that. He's just cocky.

Well it's obvious by now that Fed isn't playing as well as he was 2 years ago. The rest of the Men are slowly catching up to him and finally Djokovic took him down. This will only motivate Roger even more, and I wouldn't be surprised if he beat Nadal in the French

My predictions for the Australian Open Finals

Djokovic: 6-4, 6-7, 6-3, 6-4

Sharapova: 6-4, 6-3

i went to melbourne to watch the mens semis

it was pretty amazing seeing nadal and federer get blown away like that

nadal played like he always does but tsonga just hit harder and with more accuracy than ive ever seen anyone before. i dont think he'll be able to consistently play at that level. but if he does get out of the way

federer didnt play at his best but i think djokovic didnt let him do so. djokovic had an amazing serving game and played at his best on the big points. he did the exact same against lleyton hewitt. i think its a sign of a champion when you can just turn it up on those make or break points

i went to melbourne to watch the mens semis

it was pretty amazing seeing nadal and federer get blown away like that

nadal played like he always does but tsonga just hit harder and with more accuracy than ive ever seen anyone before. i dont think he'll be able to consistently play at that level. but if he does get out of the way

federer didnt play at his best but i think djokovic didnt let him do so. djokovic had an amazing serving game and played at his best on the big points. he did the exact same against lleyton hewitt. i think its a sign of a champion when you can just turn it up on those make or break points

definitely...

I didn't hear of this Tsonga guy until like two days ago...I sort of stopped following after Baghdatis went out (I don't support Hewitt because he's a wanker). I knew of who Tsonga beat- Andy Murray and Richard Gasquet- but I didn't hear a word of him...I wish I'd watched the Nadal game.

Pissed that Sharapova won, squealing bitch.

Good to see Federer finally proved that he is human; the final might actually be interesting! (Though I hold no grudge against Federer for winning a lot)

I didn't hear of this Tsonga guy until like two days ago...I sort of stopped following after Baghdatis went out (I don't support Hewitt because he's a wanker). I knew of who Tsonga beat- Andy Murray and Richard Gasquet- but I didn't hear a word of him...I wish I'd watched the Nadal game.

Pissed that Sharapova won, squealing bitch.

Good to see Federer finally proved that he is human; the final might actually be interesting! (Though I hold no grudge against Federer for winning a lot)

Wish I'd had a chance to watch some of this this year... I do like Baghdatis and not a fan of Hewitt. My husband was a fan of Kim Clijsters. He also likes Sharapova, so he's happy. I was a fan of Steffi Graf.

Federer is just amazing to me. Until this tournament, he just seems unbeatable. Seemingly no effort for his strokes. Seems like a really nice guy, too. I am definitely interested in seeing how this final turns out!

djokovic is deceptively good. he doesnt do overly amazing things he just has an ability to stop his opponent playing how they want to play, and also plays his best on the important points

i was kind of going for tsonga but i felt sorry for djokovic because the crowd seemed to unfairly dislike him