Meejum

The Tennis Thread

OK

Serena Williams just played the best tennis, from a female, Ive seen in a long time maybe ever. Sharapova kinda rolled over a bit, but Serena was truly dominating. She was like Graf when she used to destroy people.

She probably could've beat half the men in the tournament the way she played.

Yeah sometimes it gets boring with a guy who just wins everything in a particular sport, not with federer though

probably the most god like sportsman in the world

i still remember agassi v. federer awhile back when federer nailed that beautiful shot from between his legs while running back from the court

i was impressed by roddick's one win over i think it was aggasi, or someone..where he aced the last game to win

i havent played tennis in awhile but i used to be really into it, still enjoy it. more of a golf person now

I saw some of the numbers that Federer is in the process of putting up and they are pretty mind-blowing.

He has yet to win a major on clay, however, and his next challenge will be the French Open, which is on clay. I am pulling for this guy. I don't follow too closely or even really watch the matches, but I like hearing about him killing the record books (i never really liked Sampras).

Gonzo should've pulled off that first set 6-4 but i guess things get weird when u are beating the man who has already defeated you 9 times. Anyway it's really crazy to keep up physically with Federer, i mean, to be able to play him as equals it is very intense for the opposition.

I think if Gonzo keeps getting better has he has he might even get to be #2 since Nadal isnt so great on grass or cement, although still has a good lead over the 3rd.

Now should be interesting to see what happens in Davis Cup. Still cant believe he scored more Aces than Roddick.

Now should be interesting to see what happens in Davis Cup. Still cant believe he scored more Aces than Roddick.

Andy Roddick is the most boring tennis player to watch. I really hate watching him play and cant even cheer for him because his game is so one dimentional.

Andy Roddick is the most boring tennis player to watch. I really hate watching him play and cant even cheer for him because his game is so one dimentional.

not really, hes starting to vary up baseline play with coming to the net

and hes a cool guy

"ive performed better in this interview than on the court? no shit"

well hes got a lot of work to do. All I still see is big-serve-sets-up-the-big-forehand, and while that wins him matches, it's pretty boring after the fifth time you see it.

Connors can help him though. he's certainly fit enough to play a more varied game.

Yea i gotta agree i dont really am entertained by watching Roddick, unless his opponent makes him move and stuff. But then Gonzo is more fun to watch and still scored more aces than Roddick, who is supposed to be like the God of serving (Ace-wise).

It's just Roddick seems too limited by his serve sometimes, i mean, he gives the impression that he'd lose helplessly if it wasnt for his serve. And then you watch Federer and its amazing how he hits it, in the most complicated of situations, how simple and yet how effective he makes it look, and he rarely looks tired, and i think almost always it's his opponent who is more tired than him anyway.

Yea i gotta agree i dont really am entertained by watching Roddick' date=' unless his opponent makes him move and stuff. But then Gonzo is more fun to watch and still scored more aces than Roddick, who is supposed to be like the God of serving (Ace-wise).

It's just Roddick seems too limited by his serve sometimes, i mean, he gives the impression that he'd lose helplessly if it wasnt for his serve. And then you watch Federer and its amazing how he hits it, in the most complicated of situations, how simple and yet how effective he makes it look, and he rarely looks tired, and i think almost always it's his opponent who is more tired than him anyway.[/quote']

I was really hoping Gonzales gave Federer more of a match. His play up until the final was superb, of course being against opponents of a lower standard than Federer, but I thought he could have made a little more noise. Perhaps with a little more experience, he'll get there one day.

There's only one player I can think of that has the skills to give Federer trouble on any surface right now and that's Safin. He's just weak mentally, really weak.

i disagree, i think connors has brought a new dimension to his game with his net play, and he isnt such a dick like he used to be. but federer is easily THE most exciting player to watch even though i root against him everytime now

Wow. Once he got to be as good as he is, I would've never thought Federer would lose due to mental problems, which I think he did today. He just was not there. Nadal played adequately, but Federer was just a mess.

Federer just lost. In a Grand Slam :icon_eek:

I knew Djokovich was pretty awesome, but I would never have seen this coming. Anyone actually seen this Tsonga guy play? I have no idea who's gonna win now.