Sign in to follow this  
Guest Amnesiac

Originally posted by merryblues@Jan 5 2005, 09:31 AM

bristol

Hey...Bristol,Pennsylvania huh?Not too far from me. B)

Ha ha...no,I kid you.You're from England...same city as Massive Attack.

Originally posted by Amnesiac@Jan 1 2005, 09:49 AM

This is what it feels in northen virginia

20031006-jail-for-sale.jpg

Becuase I swear to God that a small town house can sell for half a million here

so... property is still pretty cheap down there, huh?

i don't like say my actual location, but i was thinking of how to put myself on the members map. i thought... where should i put? so i went with my home town, in the spot where i would go hiking, where there was always a red-tailed hawk, where i saw the ghost of a native american.

i was happy in that spot.

and i just now learnt that it's called indian head.

i think the hawk, and the indian's ghost are somehow related.

it's funny because i don't even believe in ghosts, and i tell people, all the time, that ghosts aren't real. but in my mind i'm thinking, 'except for all the times i saw the ghost of the indian.'

so that's my spot.

yeah i always feel a little uncomfortable about location.  usually will just say the general area, or even just nor cal.  truthfully, i've lived in a lot of different towns in the bay area all my life, so its honest to just say sfbay area.  my parents moved often when i was growing up, but always within this area - the furthest away they went was gilroy for a whole summer.  my step-papa was a rolling stone. wherever he laid his hat . . .  

anyways, we've been talking about moving out of state in like 10 years or so.  maybe oregon.  maybe somewhere else.  needs to be a coastline, tho.

On 7/14/2019 at 10:48 AM, chroma said:

yeah i always feel a little uncomfortable about location.  usually will just say the general area, or even just nor cal.  truthfully, i've lived in a lot of different towns in the bay area all my life, so its honest to just say sfbay area.  my parents moved often when i was growing up, but always within this area - the furthest away they went was gilroy for a whole summer.  my step-papa was a rolling stone. wherever he laid his hat . . .  

anyways, we've been talking about moving out of state in like 10 years or so.  maybe oregon.  maybe somewhere else.  needs to be a coastline, tho.

Did you ever go to the Gilroy Garlic Festival? I hear about it all the time but people act like it’s just a joke. I think the garlic smell would be too strong for me, it’s hard for me to be by a place that even sells garlic fries... 😰

A lot of people are moving to Oregon now. I’ve heard Oregon and Washington have a lot of white supremacists, which is really sad, ‘cuz it’s a beautiful place, but I guess most places north of here is mostly meth addicts/white supremacists outside of the major cities. I don’t know how true it really is. 

3 hours ago, yung midoriya said:

Did you ever go to the Gilroy Garlic Festival? I hear about it all the time but people act like it’s just a joke. I think the garlic smell would be too strong for me, it’s hard for me to be by a place that even sells garlic fries... 😰

A lot of people are moving to Oregon now. I’ve heard Oregon and Washington have a lot of white supremacists, which is really sad, ‘cuz it’s a beautiful place, but I guess most places north of here is mostly meth addicts/white supremacists outside of the major cities. I don’t know how true it really is. 

I have always wanted to go to the garlic festival but it coincides with a special family date so we always pass.  it sounds like it would be fun tho.  i know what you mean about the smell, tho - at giants games its a tossup what smells worse - the garlic fries or all the beer that inevitably gets spilled all over.  

anyways we never went when we lived there but we really did only live there 1 summer when i was a kid - the only thing i remember about that was having swimming lessons, which were great cuz it was so blazing hot all the time.

my daughter is going to Humboldt right now, and there is a problem there in Arcata with meth addicts, plus a town nearby that is supposedly a hotbed of kkk people.  they're all coming out of the woodwork now, thanks probably to trump.  but i think everywhere you go there's going to be a degree of that problem.  we can't let it keep us from being where we need or want to be - honestly, people need especially go to those places and re-establish a level of decency that's being driven out by the hateful.  

On 7/15/2019 at 6:05 PM, chroma said:

I have always wanted to go to the garlic festival but it coincides with a special family date so we always pass.  it sounds like it would be fun tho.  i know what you mean about the smell, tho - at giants games its a tossup what smells worse - the garlic fries or all the beer that inevitably gets spilled all over.  

anyways we never went when we lived there but we really did only live there 1 summer when i was a kid - the only thing i remember about that was having swimming lessons, which were great cuz it was so blazing hot all the time.

my daughter is going to Humboldt right now, and there is a problem there in Arcata with meth addicts, plus a town nearby that is supposedly a hotbed of kkk people.  they're all coming out of the woodwork now, thanks probably to trump.  but i think everywhere you go there's going to be a degree of that problem.  we can't let it keep us from being where we need or want to be - honestly, people need especially go to those places and re-establish a level of decency that's being driven out by the hateful.  

Dang. I kinda want to go and try the garlic ice cream just to stay I did even tho it prob tastes gross. But I live close enough so I don’t have an excuse to not go tbh lol. 

It’s weird though how many people have come out of the woodwork openly... I’ve seen neo Nazi graffiti and even white supremacist stickers peppered everywhere!! I tear them down and all, but it’s still a bad feeling. I’m just comforted by the fact I’ve seen other people tearing down flyers and messing up the stickers too. 

Honestly it’s the drug problem that concerns me more than anything else. 

Yeah, I ended up not going either.  Really scary stuff.  I will be honest I cried at the news coverage, it made me feel even worse knowing both of the children that died there are the same ages as both of my nephews.  I want to actually go next year to support Gilroy now.