pleasant experience

Post Your Favorite Art Piece

or just a random art image you like.

i'll start.

andy warhol - 20 jackies

art_d32_0001_02.jpg

its an image of jackie o at jfk's funeral.

ps: the art forums here don't get enough attention.. please dont let this thread die :(

i've never seen that

such sadness

flight-of-bee.jpg

dali

"dream caused by the flight of a bumblebee around a pomegranate a second before awakening"

i know its a big image but i think it should be this large in order to fully enjoy it.

ps: the goya image wont show up for me. i hope its of Saturn Devouring His Children. thats my favorite of his :icon_cool

edit: cool. i can see it now. nice post redmoon!!

dont have a single favorite, but i love What Is the Proper Way to Display the American Flag? by Scott Tyler.

flag.JPG

One of the most controversial works of art concerning the flag in recent years is "Dred" Scott Tyler's installation, What Is the Proper Way to Display the American Flag? The piece was first seen on February 20, 1989 when the School of the Art Institute of Chicago opened an exhibition of works of art by 66 students who were members of minority groups. Tyler's work consisted of a 34 x 57 inch American flag draped on the floor beneath photographs of flag-draped coffins and South Koreans burning the flag. Beneath the photos was a ledger in which viewers were asked to record their opinions. The problem was not only that the flag was on the floor, but that it was difficult to write in the ledger without stepping on it. Thus the flag became a barrier to the freedom of expression it was meant to defend. Viewers had to choose which they revered most - the flag itself or freedom of speech.

Guest jordanMARX

ralph2.gif

not my favorite..but I like steadman.

edit: I also consider jimmy corrigan to be art.

corrigan.fortunately.jpg

amazing design.

ralph2.gif

not my favorite..but I like steadman.

today i saw a book of alice in wonderland with illustrations by ralph steadman! they look awesome' date=' i love his drawings.

or just a random art image you like.

i'll start.

andy warhol - 20 jackies

art_d32_0001_02.jpg

its an image of jackie o at jfk's funeral.

ps: the art forums here don't get enough attention.. please dont let this thread die :(

:rockout:

i

love

warhol.

i saw that print when the exhibit came here a few months ago. i fell in love with it, and everything else he did. he is amazing.

i have absolutely no idea what my favourite piece of art is. i'd have to think about it.

EDIT: it might be marc chagall's american windows but i cannot find a decent picture of them.

1977_938.jpg

otherwise...i really can't say what i like best. maybe something from dali.....i can't find the one i really like of his.