Speaking Clock

The Longest Thread in Moving Pictures

That sounds cool. I'll check it out. I'm watching Cheers because it's on netflix. It's clever and mindless and funny. I like it. Sometimes it's a bit sexist which I dislike but it also has some good points and morals and twists. But I've watched too much. It's time for something animated.

I also rewatched the wind rises (subbed). So beautiful.

But before that I watched princess mononoke. I was having a bad day and basically just cried the entire time because of how beautiful it is.

Are there many Lars Von Trier fans here?

I missed the boat on Nymphomaniac. The 5.5hour Directors Extended Cut is on the way to me now.

The House That Jack Built is out in some theaters now, causing controversy. Again, it seems we will get the Directors Cut in a few months. I'll wait.

The Night of the Hunter (1955) starring Rober Mitchum and Lillian Gish. Amazing movie and I'm not sure why this isn't more popular.

The famous Love and Hate scene.

This gothic noir boat scene.

Did anyone watch the Bros documentary on BBC iPlayer? It's like Spinal Tap meets The Office (UK) but real. Wall to wall one-liners without any self-awareness.

I finally got around to Phantom Thread last night. Brilliant!! And Johnny's work in this marks him as a "major composer" instead of "that guy from Radiohead", me thinks.    

I finally got around to Phantom Thread last night. Brilliant!! And Johnny's work in this marks him as a "major composer" instead of "that guy from Radiohead", me thinks.    

is this a double post from side projects??

get some new material! 

Wait.....what?

If you are trolling, 10/10.

If not.....this is a film, and Johnny did the soundtrack. Therefore I can post about these aspects in separate threads.

Would this be a thread to talk about movies I want to see?

I really wanna see that movie Yesterday just after seeing the trailer!! 

I also wanna see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Rip Luke Perry ☹️🍺💦 (That’s me pouring out an emoji beer)

I just think it's a neat idea for a movie!! It's refreshing to see something that isn't a Disney property.  (I'm looking at you, Marvel Shitty Studios and fifty million "live action" remakes of cartoon movies.)

Watch, now I'll find out that it is a Disney property.

maybe i'm just cynical past salvation, but i always thought a more apt commentary on the modern world & its relationship to music would have had to be all the people ignoring this guy as he came out w/ all these excellent songs

of course, i'm sure very few people would see this movie & it wouldn't quite be the blockbuster feature they're gonna get, but hey, can't win 'em all!

The film’s premise defeats itself.

It says, ‘imagine a world where The Beatles and their music didn’t exist?’ Yet the world is almost identical to this one, implying that The Beatles had minimal social and cultural impact.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm a believer in collective genius, so I think even if the Beatles didn't exist, someone else would've done something similar, at least, and the world would've been similar to now, although we wouldn't have commercials with shitty ukulele covers of Beatles songs and the best episode of the Powerpuff Girls, I guess.  I dunno, I just don't think everything has to necessarily be that deep.  It's just a fun movie.