John_Galt

HTDC Question!

Maybe a porch at sunrise after a night when you were out all night. And the video has him just playing acoustic sitting on the porch and having flash backs of violence or something bad that happened to him.

I imagine a guy walking slowly in the middle of a lot of people and they're walking really fast, but they don't seem to notice him, almost like he actually wasn't there. He walks looking down and saying something to himself, like a kind of prayer, and the people around him still walking fast, and none of them ever look at him. He seems to be dragged to a place, but he isn't sure where he's going. And then he gets to a graveyard and stops in the front of a grave with his picture, he stays there and just stare at his own name. Then he starts to fade away slowly until he disappears completely...

I imagine a guy walking slowly in the middle of a lot of people and they're walking really fast, but they don't seem to notice him, almost like he actually wasn't there. He walks looking down and saying something to himself, like a kind of prayer, and the people around him still walking fast, and none of them ever look at him. He seems to be dragged to a place, but he isn't sure where he's going. And then he gets to a graveyard and stops in the front of a grave with his picture, he stays there and just stare at his own name. Then he starts to fade away slowly until he disappears completely...

thats beautiful.

wow this is amazing. and scary.

some people here have some great ideas and seem to have thought about the concept alot. a music video could give much appriciation to the song or completely ruin it. i'm glad they didn't do one. it leaves everyone to their own connection to the song.

burn'']thom standing there, in a field at night, with fog starting at his feet and moving upward. by the end of the song, you can't see him anymore

this gave me the idea of (or maybe this is what you were thinking) for thom (or another person) starting the song at 100% opacity but slowly consistantly fading out throughout the song so in the end he is 0% opacity

to be honest this is how i imagined it

thom goes to sleep, or rather he is asleep in bed, and the camera slowly moves into his head to see what he is dreaming about - the viewer then becomes part of thoms dream

you see images like 'floating down the river liffey in dublin' and the fading in and our of pictures/photos/videos taken through his lifetime. it would be very gothic looking and perhaps in keeping in style with bjorks isobel video in black and white.