Sign in to follow this  
Goodbaum

there there studio

I know this will certainly be controversial: is it just me or does the Studio recording of There There really suck? It could easily be my favorite song on the album and I love it played live, but the album version is a bit too slow and the mix is fucked (and the stick percussions screw up a few times). That and the album version doesn't have Ed on backup!

The production on the studio isn't great, I enjoy live versions much more. The percussion and guitars, especially Jonny's solo, stand out better live. That said, I still like listening to the original.

I think you're talking about the wrong song. There There has always had enough impact for me, but it's the studio National Anthem- in which the bassline seems slightly too slow, that I have a slight problem with. although I still listen to it.

I think you're talking about the wrong song. There There has always had enough impact for me, but it's the studio National Anthem- in which the bassline seems slightly too slow, that I have a slight problem with. although I still listen to it.

i still love the live version more than the studio. the fuzz bass does it for me. even though there are no horns

The best recorded live versions are probably better because they seem much more... "alive" or something than the stido version. But the studio verson is still really cool. In fact it's better than the live version nearly always, b ut not when you see it live.

The best recorded live versions are probably better because they seem much more... "alive" or something than the stido version. But the studio verson is still really cool. In fact it's better than the live version nearly always, b ut not when you see it live.

very true, especially when its the opener and everyone is competely psyched up and ready to go nuts.

burn'']very true, especially when its the opener and everyone is competely psyched up and ready to go nuts.

Or opening the encore. But yeah, they bring the tom sets out and you know what's next, good stuff.

*listens to Thre There*

i have to disagree. there there is easily my favorite song on hail to the thief.

same, for me its that song that never gets old, and i can listen to over and over again(but i dont)

i fucking cant get enough of thelast two minutes

it was my first favourite Radiohead song, but nowadays i'm a bit "meh" about it. that said, i've been listening to the Meadowbank version a lot - it was pretty cool to watch live. easily one of their best visual performance songs.