dylan-GP

Introduce yourself, discerning fans of Radiohead: objectively the best band in the world

my 14yo daughter is evolving into a pretty avid fan, though I'm claiming most of the credit for that. But my point is, you're not alone in being smart enough at an early age to have latched on to the greatest band of the modern era. Welcome!

Thanks! I feel flattered. Happy to be a part of the greatest band in the world

Not really new, actually a very old member who forgot both his username and password but I've been around forever but life happens and message boards tend to take a backseat to adulting unfortunately. So I signed up with a new account to get back in on the action. Things look pretty much the same, same bickering, same topics, but still feels like home to me. The name is Paul and I'm glad to be back. I see some familiar names but holy hell has the membership blown the roof off the interwebs. Guess that's a good thing, shows that people have good taste in music since of course this is the greatest band in the world. Carry on......

I'm 19, and have been a creep for about 9 years now, I haven't gotten to every song yet, but I'm at about 60 so I'm getting there, it all started with house of cards, a beautiful song with a very cool music video.  So yeah glad to finally get onto a board about pretty much the greatest band to ever exist with a sound and level of talent that NO ONE could ever re create

I'm 19, and have been a creep for about 9 years now, I haven't gotten to every song yet, but I'm at about 60 so I'm getting there, it all started with house of cards, a beautiful song with a very cool music video. So yeah glad to finally get onto a board about pretty much the greatest band to ever exist with a sound and level of talent that NO ONE could ever re create

house of cards got me into radiohead too, although I didn't see the video until much later

Hi ladies & gentlemen,

I've been a member of the forum since '08, but don't think I properly introduced myself back then and have been inactive for a very long time.

Without further ado...

When I was 13, Nirvana ruled their airwaves and I was going through a pretty big Led Zeppelin and AIC phase (Pink Floyd would come a few years later when I discovered Live at Pompeii, promptly sold my acoustic drums and picked up a polyphonic analogue synth, thank you Rick Wright...RIP) so most of my then taste in music was leaning a bit toward the hard rock variety, teenage angst and all.  At the time, I was a budding musician (well, a drummer anyway) and really enjoyed what Bonham had to offer, AIC's haunting vocal melodies and even a little bit of Pantera thrown in for some double-bass exercises.

One evening, I was flipping through the tv channels and stopped on MTV, which was airing this grainy looking video from what appeared to be the British equivalent to Nirvana.  Yeah, I'm talking about seeing and hearing Creep for the first time.  The song itself, didn't particularly floor me.  However, one part stood out, which I later found out was Jonny Greenwood's kill-switch enabled telecaster blaring through a Proco RAT pedal....*chunk chunk* *chunk chunk*...holy hell!!! What on earth was this magnificent sound?  Did the rest of the band realize that it was in there?  How is this the segue to the chorus of a pop-rock song?

That is what got my adolescent mind initially hooked on what would later become my favorite band of all time.  I've been a fan ever since and have appreciated the Punk Floyd of this generation immensely.  I still play music, time-permitting, and Radiohead is most definitely a musician's band.  Each album, ever so slightly evolving, never repeating, never trite and never tired.

I couldn't imagine a musical world without Radiohead in it!

Hi, my name is Bill. Some of you may remember me from such concert streams as 'The Crazy Lady in Santa Barbara' or the following show at Berkeley on 4/18. If not, now you do.

Greetings!

My name's Austin and I've been a big Radiohead fan for about 15 years but just recently got the chance to catch them live in Kansas City. I had no idea this board existed but it seems like a great place to talk with fellow fans and I look forward to chatting with you!