chairman_burt

Post when you hear Radiohead on stuff

today a new tv series 'The Forgotten' starts in Polish television with 'There There' as a theme song (or perhaps the trailer's background track). the first episode will begin in minutes and I'm on pins and needles only to hear when exactly they play it.

EDIT: ok, watched it and to my disappointment the series is awfully lousy. the song's fragment (the guitar frenzy) was played in the back after circa first 10 minutes.

Edited by Rainbow

watching radiohead on directv on channel 101 right now. been going on for about an hour. theyre playing in their london studio

I'm almost 100% sure my cousin had a piano rendition of "Knives Out" playing at his wedding.. which is an interesting choice.

i want you to know

he's not coming back

excellent choice

tv show/documentary, "vanguard", has reckoner as its main intro and commercial break music

very nice show btw. watched an interesting episode about droughts called "a world without water"

found it! (no thanks to the search function)

oh yeah I did hear RH in public recently totally made my day. They were playing a bunch of stuff - HTTT and the Bends If I remember correctly - at this really great liquor store near our place. I had to say to the guy at the counter that I thought his choice of music was spectacular and we had a mini geek out together.

sigh

A long time ago, I was watching a documentary about Roman Gladiators and they were playing Backdrifts in the background while talking about how some Germanic Gladiators were so boutit boutit, they committed suicide by sticking their ass wiper down their throats to gag on it, pretty weird stuff, especially since I'm like three quarters German, I guess I must impress the way I go out...

Last week my mother drove me to school. While I was waiting for her in the van, I turned on the radio, and guess what was playing! Airbag! Ah yes. yes yes yes. I got really excited. It was the song they were playing at the Haiti show when they let us it…for free. Those were happy times. -_-

After Airbag, they put on "While you wait for the others" by Grizzly Bear. That was a good day.

About half an hour or so ago my sister called me into the room where she was watching TV. On Australian digital TV there's a channel called ABC3, which primarily broadcasts shows aimed at tweenies and teenagers throughout the day.

Anyway, their broadcast had finished for the day and they had that message plastered across the screen with "ABC3 resumes tomorrow at 6am" or whatever. She called me out to see this because they normally play music while they show this message... and they were playing Pyramid Song.

My sister hates Radiohead and although she knows a lot more of their songs than she'd like, I knew she hadn't heard that one before. I was like "How did you know this was Radiohead?" and apparently she can now determine this just by listening to Thom's voice B)

Still, Pyramid Song for a kids channel...

..just about as weird as the time I heard the opening bit of EIIRP on a "top ten things to know about losing weight" on Channel 7 (Aussie TV) one night a month or so ago. What Radiohead have to do with losing weight I have no idea :lol:

Man I don't even remember how that goes. I mean I remember the tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime's ruuuuuuuuuunnin' ouuuuuuuuuuuuut stuff but I can't really remember the backing track. There's lots of oohs at the end, right?

They should have picked And It Rained All Night.

There's this programme on Eurosport called Watts, which basically is a collection of funny/interesting/random sport snippets with matching music in the background (a couple of seconds only). So it gave my my WTF moment for the week: the intro to No Surprises over some kinda reaggae beat.

I've no idea what it was, a cover, a mashup? Sounded rather peculiar to me, but what I find even funnier is the fact that someone decided to use a 'depressing' Radiohead song (revamped for a breezy and optimistic tune apparently?) for this purpose.