Sign in to follow this  
chairman_burt

Burt talks cricket

I'm just glad that I enjoy watching good cricket more than I care about England being good at cricket

cos that was one of the most brutally humiliating days I can remember in an ashes series

imagine having a bowling attack that can't trouble Mitch fucking marsh :lol:

obviously going to be call for wholesale changes and i would say broad is probably most vulnerable if we try and blood some new quicks but one thing i would definitely do is say ok next two years jonny bairstow is not keeping. he's done a perfectly fine job but the stats show any keeper batter good enough to get in the team purely for batting does much better long term when relieved of the gloves. i mean if i told you England had a batsman in the 90s and early 2000s who put up stats of 3293 runs at an average of 46.70 in 51 matches you'd be all like why didn't that guy play more but then i would reveal that was alec stewart's stats when not keeping. just because jonny has done very well doing both doesn't mean he can't do better and if you think he is one of your top 5 batters it is just a waste of talent especially when england actually have a couple of ok options in that position. worst thing that can happen is it doesn't make any difference

I agree with that

If we're brave we should be dropping Broad and Ali

I'm not convinced Stoneman is the long term option at the top of the order

Not convinced by Vince either but he's scored pretty well

any keeper batter good enough to get in the team purely for batting does much better long term when relieved of the gloves.   

Db3LCOFu_400x400.jpg

but yeah guess it generally applies, AB with the gloves wasn't quite the same. Hopefully quinny can become more consistent while still keeping tho

SA | India 1st test Cape Town Jan 5   :rockout:   :rockout:   :rockout:   :rockout:   :rockout:   :rockout: 

i really fucked up by not being home this christmas

Db3LCOFu_400x400.jpg

but yeah guess it generally applies, AB with the gloves wasn't quite the same. Hopefully quinny can become more consistent while still keeping tho

SA | India 1st test Cape Town Jan 5   :rockout:   :rockout:   :rockout:   :rockout:   :rockout:   :rockout: 

i really fucked up by not being home this christmas

gilchrist played all of his tests as keeper, who knows what he could have achieved without that burden.

gilchrist played all of his tests as keeper, who knows what he could have achieved without that burden.

nothing as impressive and perfect as Sangakarra aka jesus christ superstar of cricket

his record post-wicketkeeper is the most impressive of any modern day batsman (i.e. post-Bradman) 

although it's probably going to achieve is costing me 100 notes but a what a lovely, fluent hundred from cook. am absolutely not ready for him to go and hope it's just media bullshit. got to at least chase punter down on the all time list. has also made hundreds at the main 5 five aussie venues, got to be rare achievement for overseas player. 

he's probably got another 3-4 years at least if he wants it and gets back in good form (consistently)

so it's definitely doable

don't think he'll walk away until he's top 5 at least, Sanga isn't that far ahead at all