Sign in to follow this  
chairman_burt

Burt talks cricket

where has monty been ay, ive been saying it from day one. good to see harmy firing up a bit again but still nowhere near his best. could have done without them last two wickets at the end but should be an entertaining match, strauss is due a score so hopefully he can go on.

yeh thats what strauss does a lot, gets lots of starts but when he passes 50 he's usually in for the century. he's got hundreds against everyone he's played against and he doesnt really do form just gets a hundred every few tests. cook probably isnt quite ready for this level yet but he'll be a class player in a few years.

hayden has been doing the same though, a start in every innings so far nobig scores.

and fuck me how good does hussey have to be. i met him ages ago when he was at northants and was chatting with him a while and he its pretty weird that he's pretty much the best batter in the world at the minute

yeh thats what strauss does a lot' date=' gets lots of starts but when he passes 50 he's usually in for the century. he's got hundreds against everyone he's played against and he doesnt really do form just gets a hundred every few tests. cook probably isnt quite ready for this level yet but he'll be a class player in a few years.

hayden has been doing the same though, a start in every innings so far nobig scores.

and fuck me how good does hussey have to be. i met him ages ago when he was at northants and was chatting with him a while and he its pretty weird that he's pretty much the best batter in the world at the minute[/quote']

cook is garbage, but young garbage so could blossom into a butterfly.

yeh i reckon hayden is over the hill, same with gilchrist.

Mr. Cricket wont get out for less than 50 this series. his awesometude is to the max.

you can't argue with century on debut against India in India plus he got a 200 against the aussies in a tour match last year. i dont think you can rule him out just yet he might still come good. he's the best we've got anyway with tres out. id hate to think who wed pick if they wanted to drop him.

you can't argue with century on debut against India in India plus he got a 200 against the aussies in a tour match last year. i dont think you can rule him out just yet he might still come good. he's the best we've got anyway with tres out. id hate to think who wed pick if they wanted to drop him.

GILES?

seriously someone kill me now. you thought the ashes was bad well we're the no. 2 test team in the world but in ODIs its a whole world of shit and we've got about a million of them coming up. the team is an embarrassment at present and id wouldnt be surprised if we lost all these ODIs, new zealand being a useful team in this form of the game. the squad is all wrong and picking Paul Nixon is ridiculous but im willing to give him a chance. shit like Saj Mahmood have had plenty of chances and how he keeps getting picked in the squad is beyond me, he should be taken out back and shot like the lame donkey he is. stuart broad should be in the squad and should be playing, tremlett should get a few games and they need to sort the batting order out but im fully expecting another few weeks of torture

idiot

20/20 was entertaining' date=' i like how they have the mic on a couple of players, gilly was quite funny[/quote']

obviously in the one day and 20 20 arenas these 2 are far more comfortable and not "over the hill".

tests it is a completely differnet story.(do not use the recent ashes series as evidence though;) )

"coolest" ?

he was especially good when he went for 22 off his second last over

nah' date=' i like him, i was glad to see him get the hat trick[/quote']

i dont know, i just like him. man crush.

i wish that he got the hat trick the over before, so it could have been a contest.

England New Zealand tonight, our only remote chance of winning a game on this god forsaken tour. Their batting doesn't look too hot apart from maybe Ross Taylor who looked good against Aus and SLanka a few weeks ago. Got lessons off tomorrow morning so im pulling an all nighter