Sign in to follow this  
chairman_burt

Burt talks cricket

I know noone else cares about it, especially since there was some football tournament going on recently apparantly, so i'll just discuss it with myself.

this has been a pretty damn good performance thus far, particually after the embarassament of the onedayers, and i reckon even with this team out we'll do alright in the ashes next year. its going to be pretty tough on bell when flintoff comes back cos i can't see them dropping cook or collingwood or changing the structure of the team. we should win this match and then the series now we have a decent bowling attack and hoggard is much better when he isn't the strike bowler. i reckon they should stick with plunkett evn after he got took apart against SL and he may even be a better player for it, but mahmood should rot in county cricket for the rest of his days. i reckon chris read should get one more chance of gjones continually inept performances.

Guest Oh wow

we won the ahses finally so i dont care about cricket much anymore

im predicting a 4-1 win for australia in the ashes

last time, every single australian player, bar warney ,hit a form slump at the same time and the umpiring was horrible for the australians and england only just managed to beat them.

if australia plays anywhere near its best england wont even be able to compete with them.

i reckons if mcgrath doesn't play your bowling attack is hopeless, and even if he does he's too old to keep going for 5 matches. the reason your batters hit a form slump was cos we had em sussed out completly.

Guest Oh wow
im predicting a 4-1 win for australia in the ashes

last time' date=' every single australian player, bar warney ,hit a form slump at the same time and the umpiring was horrible for the australians and england only just managed to beat them.

if australia plays anywhere near its best england wont even be able to compete with them.[/quote']

excuses excuses, we won. end of.

what you fail to realise is despite the fact that you won the ashes, we are better than you, a lot better than you, have been for a long time, and will be for a long time to come.

what you fail to realise is despite the fact that you won the ashes, we are better than you, a lot better than you, have been for a long time, and will be for a long time to come.

yeh probably but we only have a few months left to gloat, but i reckons it will be closer than 4-1.

pretty good bowling performance this morning but it will be hard work to bowl them out again tomorrow.

i think a lot of it depends on our bowlers. i feel confident our batsmen will perform much better this time around. our bowling attack should be strong though with mcgrath and warney will produce no less than they ever do, gillespie has found some form again, and so has lee. and if they have a bit of an off patch we have some excellent replacements in kasprowicsz and mcgill.

we all know gillespie is only in the team for his batting. but warne and mcgrath are capabale of winning it on their own but you'll be in real trouble if one of them doesn't play. none of our attack is as good as those two, but if hoggard, flintoff and harmison stay fit they won't be easy to play against. i think we will really miss simon jones though. until the aussies get another quality quick, the series will be pretty close.

gillespie + kasprowicz = rescueddonkeys.jpg

i never cared for test matches

they're too damn boring

but its fun to watch him play

him and sachin

two of the greatest players ever

i'm afraid we will only be discussing test cricket in burt's cricket thread because england are awful at one-dayers so noone cares about them

as i so expertly predicted this game was drawn. i think we were a little conservative with our declaration and definately shouldn't have batted on this morning. with fred back at old trafford i think that will give us the edge and fatty inzy and yousuf can't go on this good forever.

63902.jpg

how can this fatty be good at a sport?!?!?!

on dear andrew flintoff is having ankle surgery and so will be out for 3 months which means if manages to be fit for the ashes he won't have played any matches.

bye bye ashes. it was fun while it lasted

test matches are fucking boring

oh yeh the ashes was well boring oh wait it wasn't it 22 of the most entertaining and compelling sport in the history of mankind. ODIs are just a cheap circus to make the fatcats at the icc some more money

it looks we are finally giving Pakistan a whooping thanks to the amazing Cook and Bell who have both made back to back hundreds, both bell's have been unbeaten and his latest one scored at an uncharacteristic strike rate of 80. i reckon he'll be ready for the aussies after the caning he took last time, it has only made him stronger. i love him so much he is favourite player is Ian Bell but it is probaby because our names 57% the same. thats more than half