Are Mortigians A Bunch Of Cunts?

we arent a charity organization

besides' date=' once you make it out of bootcamp status you'll be fully prepared to deal with, possibly even impress the plethora of elitist fucks you'll meet in real life. :']

oddly enough, i've never met one of them in real life situations... that's probably because some of the things people say on a messageboard would get your teeth knocked out in real life.

though i do have a different take on some situations since having learned not to take peoples' internet shit so seriously, i'll admit

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont really agree with some of the noob things. i mean most of the time, like people were saying, they bring it on themselves. i never really had a problem when i was new here, mostly cause i didnt do stupid things and try to start stuff. then i got to know people and everything was fine.

basically people dont need to take everything so seriously, and usually its obvious that its not a personal attack

I think MT is a comparatively better messageboard than most (and I've been a member of several other boards prior to posting here). I feel as if I've truly made some friends here that I'll likely meet in the near future (as soon as I leave for college), and if not, it's been interesting conversing with the lot of you. Sure, we either reject new people some times or it takes time for new posters to become familiar with people here, but that is often true of social circles in our society, and I had to go through the experience myself when I first joined, as has the rest of the board.

Every person who ventures from one message board to another will find a certain pack mentality: there are people at the top, the clingers-on, and those between them. AtEase has this, we have this, everywhere else I've been to more or less has this. The sad truth is that many people will tend to stick to the place/s where they feel the most comfortable - i.e. where they already have thousands of posts and get lots of attention - and people coming in as newcomers will have a somewhat harder time at posting than the established regulars. I know I did here at MT until I got to about a thousand posts

I was rather discouraged by Winsley's sentiments, though. She seemed to fit right in

thoughts from posters i consider to be pretty cool who came here from other boards at one time or another (edited for anonymity);

though i don't exactly agree with all of that... i'm hearing this kind of thing enough that i'm wondering if i'm too close to MT to see it for myself.

perhaps people could stand to be nicer to noobs' date=' even if they admit they're coming from another board? the whole 'out-hipsterartfag' thing, well i do hate those kind of battle of wits on-yer-toes threads. i'd hate MT to be seen as a kind of hipinion junior.

i think there is definitely some room for more serious discussion, and while we've all had a good laugh at what we see as pretentious 'emotional outpourings', people should be able to share personal feelings without being trolled.[/quote']

First off I applaud P.Royalty for taking the time to post this thread and take this seriously.

:thumbsup:

I have to say being fairly new here the first words that did come to mind is young, cliques, stuck up.

I think all of you should remember is that all of you where new to the site at one time. I agree with arest this girl on the whole conditioning process being childish. Do you truly have to be mean and cruel to someone insult them to be accepted here????? Thats so sadistic. I come here for an escape, and anything that involves my time is important to me, and so I take it seriously to a certain point.

I think some one needs to make a thread how to fit in and be cliqued in, it would save a lot of time and confusion!!!!!!

and so I take it seriously to a certain point.

lol

cept to be honest i really don't take it seriously at all.. uh, unless i'm surfing the crimson tide.

i understand the poking and prodding at noobs to see what they're made of, i just think the whole bootcamp analogy is fuckin stupid. still, people can give me a hard time all they want. it's usually pretty funny. :colin:

jesus christ, new people need to nut-up. if i'm ever mean to someone, it's because i genuinely don't like you. not because you're new. SO GROW A PAIR. not everyone's going to fucking like you in life. learn that early, and you'll do well.

First off I applaud P.Royalty for taking the time to post this thread and take this seriously.

:thumbsup:

I have to say being fairly new here the first words that did come to mind is young' date=' cliques, stuck up.

I think all of you should remember is that all of you where new to the site at one time. I agree with arest this girl on the whole conditioning process being childish. Do you truly have to be mean and cruel to someone insult them to be accepted here????? Thats so sadistic. I come here for an escape, and anything that involves my time is important to me, and so I take it seriously to a certain point.

I think some one needs to make a thread how to fit in and be cliqued in, it would save a lot of time and confusion!!!!!![/quote']

some examples please.

attacking noobs isnt such a bad thing in my opinion. i think its just the older guys trying to get a chance to meet the new ones and see what theyre all about.

plus the fights are usually pretty fun. if nothing else its practice for a real life argument where you dont have the luxury of taking your time and choosing your words wisely. and if people are really gonna take an online argument seriously then i dont think any message board is gonna be for them.

well maybe the christian forums, but those anti-semites banned me. religious fucks.

lol

cept to be honest i really don't take it seriously at all.. uh' date=' unless i'm surfing the crimson tide.

i understand the poking and prodding at noobs to see what they're made of, i just think the whole bootcamp analogy is fuckin stupid. still, people can give me a hard time all they want. it's usually pretty funny. :colin:[/quote']

You are so pretty btw I recently saw your pic......

I do notice girls tend to fit in very easily here. Probably the boobs.

I kind of see what some people mean about the "cliques" and not getting accepted and shit. I've been around for a while now and I still don't really know anyone. I'm not getting insults or anything either though. I think people need to just post around, be friendly, instead of TRYING to fit in somewhere and failing horribly.

Oh, and who is Winsley? Is that her username?

I kind of see what some people mean about the "cliques" and not getting accepted and shit. I've been around for a while now and I still don't really know anyone. I'm not getting insults or anything either though. I think people need to just post around' date=' be friendly, instead of TRYING to fit in somewhere and failing horribly.

Oh, and who is Winsley? Is that her username?[/quote']

TiredUnhappy

I kind of see what some people mean about the "cliques" and not getting accepted and shit. I've been around for a while now and I still don't really know anyone. I'm not getting insults or anything either though. I think people need to just post around' date=' be friendly, instead of TRYING to fit in somewhere and failing horribly.

Oh, and who is Winsley? Is that her username?[/quote']

tiredunhappy i think

its okay, i think youre very funny. but the sad truth is that you were accepted so quickly because you are hot.

right. well i have nothing to interject here about my looks. but natalie is right, even if you're attractive it's not going to grant you merit in the long run. i think i'll fare just fine around here, and if not, or if i just get bored.. there are plenty of other things to waste my time with.

i dont know. people seem to find ways to be unhappy, no matter what.

if you come here to relax - then relax. don't take stuff so seriously. if you come to get into serious discussion, then realize people with differing opinions will discuss with you, and you may not like what they say or how they say it, but they have the right to their opinion and to speak freely, just as you do.

i think hector had it right when he said that people will stay wherever they feel most comfortable. i post at atease sometimes. its actually similar to mt in quite a few ways, just bigger really. there are cool people there and cool people here. and there are assholes there and there are assholes here. thing is, i'm used to the people here. probably because i've been here talking to people forever. i am closer to the people here that i think are cool, and i know how to deal with the people that are assholes (ignore them - there would be no problem on any message board ever if people would just learn to ignore the bs). its true it can be clique-ish here - thats true of anyplace where you have people that know each other. its not impossible to join in - but thats kind of up to the individual, if they're going to make the effort. most people are welcomed when they join the board, i'm not saying we catch everyone, but quite a few people here do make the effort to greet newcomers in a friendly manner. beyond that, its up to the person to join in. and as far as age is concerned - its true some of the users here are young, but they aren't all 19-20 - there's a decent age range. i'm really not sure what difference it makes anyways, except in those extreme instances where someone acts childishly. but for crying out loud - i'm one of the oldest people here. if i can get along with the younger ones, then i'm really not sure where the problem lies.

as far as winsley is concerned, i read through her posts and i really didn't see anywhere that anyone was abusing her, so i just don't understand her complaints. the only time she seemed to be upset, frankly, was when penny moved her thread. i honestly think she just didn't give it enough time. and thats her choice, so im not going to worry about it.

its okay, i think youre very funny. but the sad truth is that you were accepted so quickly because you are hot.

i disagree. i think she was accepted quickly because she went to the chats and got to know people. some people just do that more easily than others.

although, she is hot. and i'm sure that helped a few guys decide to be more friendly to her.

i disagree. i think she was accepted quickly because she went to the chats and got to know people. some people just do that more easily than others.

although' date=' she is hot. and i'm sure that helped a few guys decide to be more friendly to her.[/quote']

i agree completely. and if she wasnt interesting, shed be completely ignored by now excpet a few horny guys. but she was a smash hit from her first post, quite a rarity. definitely the reason i initially spoke to her, but i still read her posts cos she entertaining.