HurricaneAK

Worst Radiohead Insult

I think the RH insult I have felt most upset at was when my mum said that Thom's voice 'puts her teeth on edge' and sounds horrible blah blah blah. I really shouldn't let it get to me so much but RH is the subject I am most defensive about. Like whenever my friends mention Radiohead, I automatically get really defensive.

Yea, I'm exactly the same. With Radiohead and other bands that I love. The music I listen to is a huge part of me so I find it difficult to draw the line at times. Though it can be fun to argue your point, it really is stupid that we let it get to us; we are not Radiohead and people saying something doesn't change anything.

this thread annoys me so much, and i have no idea why..

yeah it kind of does for me too. i don't know why people need to get annoyed and bothered over comments like that....really, what does it matter if someone doesn't like radiohead? or if they think they're "boring" or that thom's voice is depressing? i don't see why it should affect you (i don't mean *you*) if you like them plenty and are able to enjoy their music.

i've gotten almost every insult on here.

that might have to do with the fact that most of my friends listen to rap music and ONLY rap music.

my favorite though' date=' is : "ew, radiohead, thom yorke is the funniest looking man i've ever seen."

this seems to be some common consensus of a good reason NOT to listen to radiohead.

even though thom is lovely.

oh well.[/quote']

Try making them listen to a wolf at the door, mabye theyl like it because its rapish :rockout:

Part of the problem is with forceful fans. If you try and insist that people listen to Radiohead, they won't. They'll just try to annoy you. The fact is there is no point going on about how 'nobody understands my Radiohead' etc etc. Look around you. There are thousands of radiohead fans. Radiohead have got to the top of album charts. They are what you could call 'mainstream', and this does not mean they are manufactured pop icons. So people listen to crap emo punk? Don't mention it, and (hopefully) they won't mention your taste in music.

i was at a bbq this weekend and mentioned to a guy i know that i was going to v this weekend to see radiohead. he only really listens to folk and he said (about radiohead playing live) "yeah but it's all taped".

i had no option but to laugh.

at a house party with some friends, some fool left in control of the cd player, so i put on 15 step. i was surprised at the sheer posion my friends reacted with.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT??" "OH MY FFFFUUUCKING GOD!!" and so on. they all walkd out.

no joke. i left it on, and sang along.

"Radiohead are depressing"

"Sounds like Muse, cool."

*Noob listening to "The National Anthem"* "Wtf is that wierd disturbing music ?!"

"Radiohead does the same music since their first album, lol."

"Is the singer gay ?"

one of my friends responses after i told her to watch the video for paranoid android on youtube.

"not only does the song suck but so does the video"

i laughed for 5 minutes straight after hearing that

at a house party with some friends' date=' some fool left in control of the cd player, so i put on 15 step. i was surprised at the sheer posion my friends reacted with.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT??" "OH MY FFFFUUUCKING GOD!!" and so on. they all walkd out.

no joke. i left it on, and sang along.[/quote']

How could anyone react that way to 15 Step? I would have stayed and sung along too.

Right before The Eraser came out...My mom asked me....

"So on your birthday (July 11) we're going to the store to get the new cd from Eraserhead right?"

I couldn't stop laughing...

Then while in the car I put the Eraser in...

When we got home my mom asked....

"(Black Swan) in that one song is he singing "This is mmmuh uuh" "

This is a little off topic but for my birthday my mom got me a Radiohead poster off the internet....she didn't check the size of the poster...it's about 58in by 38in...

a friend said to me upon his first time listening to radiohead " hey this guys alright, he sounds just like the dude from coldplay"

jesus christ, your sig is seizure-inducing, and i'm not usually sensitive to those things.

the worst radiohead insult you'll ever see http://www.somethingawful.com/d/your-band-sucks/radiohead-sucks.php

I know Something Awful is a comedy site but mean humor is just stupid because it always ends in a fight. I hope Dr. David Thrope has been fired.

Also on Meeting People Is Easy a dumbass kicking-squealing-gicci-little-piggy woman, whilst stuffing herself with cake, calls No Suprises "once again, music to cut your wrists to"

A kid I once called my friend once said "Radiohead sucks, Simple Plan rules".

I don't talk to him anymore, but for different reasons. I think mainly because he insults Buddhism, and I'm Buddhist.

so he'd rather listen to a BOY BAND than Radiohead?

This is the worst insult i've ever heard about them...(read,actually)

"Oasis

Liam Gallagher: "Radiohead? Boring bunch of f**in' students. I'll kick their f**in' heads in, man, 'cause they're di**s." "

no comment.........................................

Look what Thom Yorke had to say about Oasis though. Far more intelligible

"They're a joke aren't they? It's just lots of middle class people applauding a bunch of guys who act stupid and write really primitive music. Then people say 'oh it's so honest'"

:dancingthom::dancingthom: :dancingthom::dancingthom: :dancingthom:

People always mock what they don't understand. Is that an elitist thing to say?? The only insult I'v heard is when people compare them to Coldplay. I really hate that!! My boss once told me that Radiohead's music was putting him in a trance, but I don't necessarily call that an insult. What insulted me was when he said Radiohead reminded him of his old frat days. Perhaps he associated all of the those drugs he consumed with the trance. :smoke_coo

My Chemical Romance is actually the reason I got into music at all....if I never got into them, I would have never found Radiohead. Made me lol at earlier posts about people hating mcr... but everyone has their own tastes. I don't try and force Radiohead on people, although every time I play them when my family is around, I get the normal "this is so depressing" "it sounds like he's crying" And my family really makes fun of Thom's eye...