• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the worst insult you have heard or someone has said about Radiohead? A friend of mine says "Radiohead all sounds the same, every song." I wanted to kill him. Radiohead is really like the most experimental unique band ever.

Someone said the same thing to me. I was dumbfounded.

Then there's the usual "they're so depressing they make me want to kill myself." The way I look at it if a song can make you want to kill yourself, then you're really depressed and should seek help. Radiohead fans must all be happy go lucky.

one of my friends once said that they sound too generic. I was clueless of what the hell he was talkin about. I also love it when my friends tell me: turn that shit off. or stuff like that. but mostly i am told that their music is suicidal and depressing... which sometimes it is.... but every song has hope tho........ so its not that bad..... i also think that some of the most genius stuff in arts, not just music, is sad.......

Only one person had ever insulted Radiohead in my presence (all my friends know better)... he said "yeah, they pretty much suck". I did not bother myself to retort. Insults that lack substance don't really deserve responses, though I suppose I could've said "you're a moron and I want you to die".

One of my friends whole family has this unexplained hatred for them' date=' his dad said something along the lines of "they only got a good turnout on there tour because they toured places that dont usally get toured"

His mum calls them "radiodickhead"

He says that its "old man music"[/quote']

you should investigate this and report your findings lol

None of my friends have insulted Radiohead when I put it on. Some don't like it very much or as much as I do, but I don't think any hate them.

Just at work or at home--I get the "it sounds like death music" thing. Or my dad says that it sounds like funeral music haha.

My mom actually doesn't mind most of The Bends and Pablo Honey

The worst I've gotten is: "All their stuff sucks, well, except for Ok Computer"

And the thing is, I'm more than fine with someone not liking them, but the guy who said this did so just because he knows they're my favorite band and he wanted to be annoying. He's always an arrogant, know-it-all ass.

On the other hand, he's one of those kids that had tons of music and movies etc that he just burns by the dozens from friends, so even though he's not really a fan-- he is where I got all my Radiohead b-sides.

But now that I have them, he can die. Or go back to California.

whenever i talk about radiohead in front of my friends, one of them always says "no radiohead again *rolls eyes*" i just get really insukted by that because she's never heard any of their music.

this one time a girl accused me of listening to music that makes u want to slit ur wrists

and one time i was listening to sit down stand up in the car and my sister said "i'm sorry but this song sucks" and turned off the stereo. Honestly, she said she'd rather listnen to silence and i told her there were other songs but she just dismissed me.

honestly some ppl just don't understand the genius behind radiohead.

honestly some ppl just don't understand the genius behind radiohead.

Careful' date=' it's comments like this that give Radiohead fans the reputation for being elitests who write every non-Radiohead fan off as a moron or someone who just doesn't "get" it.

I'm really only pointing this out because I was reading album reviews for OKC at amazon,com and it seems the review section has just become a place for people to argue either that Radiohead are the greatest ever, and that non-fans aren't intelligent enough to get it, or that Radiohead is horrendous from people who don't sound like they've listened to very much. Whatever side you're on, I don't understand why people can't just accept differences in opinion.

Though I think in general, Radiohead does require multiple listesn before a proper judegment can be made, and it does seem in most cases that when people really give it a chance, they don't find it half bad, to say the least.

On another note, I don't understand the wrist-slitting thing at all.

ETA: [b']Kafkadoodle[/b]-- your grandma rocks!

"i like some songs, it's almost as good as coldplay"
this.

i actually got in a convo to someone that insisted that fall out boy was better. its all in what you like, i dont care, but as for MUSICAL ability only- radiohead ftw. in my opinion, fall out boy is the worst band and in her opinion they are the best while radiohead is the worst.

ive heard the depressing one A LOT before. and you know what? i dont understand why it sounds depressing to people. im not depressed. i dont slit my wrists. i dont want to kill myself. i am a helping citizen. i guess they think it sounds depressing because its not mainstream depressing. all the shit you hear on the radio has depressing lyrics (though usually are shitty,) not to mention cheryl crowe (or however you spell it,) sounds just as depressing as cheryl crowe.

ive played radiohead while working before and people are usually like "what is this shit we are listening to?" then before a person pops in the killers they say "lets listen to real music."

and what the most ive heard from anyone is that thye dont like it because it doesnt have a chorus and they like to sing along and they cant understand what he is saying.

and what the most ive heard from anyone is that thye dont like it because it doesnt have a chorus and they like to sing along and they cant understand what he is saying.

I can sing along to radiohead, Life in A Glass House, No Surprises, Motion Picture, True Love, Wolf at The Door (Although it is hard), Knives Out, There There, Let Down, Paranoid Android, Exit Music, Optimistic, Morning Bell.. the list can go on. If you read up the lyrics they really express Radiohead, not like just listening to it. When I first listened to Radiohead I liked Let Down, No Surprises and Kid A. Thats it. It seemed like unintelligible garbage of some whiny guy screaming. Later, when I read the lyrics and re-listen I discover it's a beautiful masterpiece that can literally change how you feel.

Careful' date=' it's comments like this that give Radiohead fans the reputation for being elitests who write every non-Radiohead fan off as a moron or someone who just doesn't "get" it.

I'm really only pointing this out because I was reading album reviews for OKC at amazon,com and it seems the review section has just become a place for people to argue either that Radiohead are the greatest ever, and that non-fans aren't intelligent enough to get it, or that Radiohead is horrendous from people who don't sound like they've listened to very much. Whatever side you're on, I don't understand why people can't just accept differences in opinion.

Though I think in general, Radiohead does require multiple listesn before a proper judegment can be made, and it does seem in most cases that when people really give it a chance, they don't find it half bad, to say the least.

On another note, I don't understand the wrist-slitting thing at all.

ETA: [b']Kafkadoodle[/b]-- your grandma rocks!

that's true...i have to admit that i didn't like radiohead the first time i heard their songs, but the song that really got me into them was creep and karma police.

it does take a few listens for ppl to get used to them especially kid a and onwards.

it just kind of pisses me off that ppl can be so quick to judge and already decide that they don't like radiohead or other abnds after hearing one song or even having not heard any of their songs.

and i don't understand the music to slit ur rists to insult/comment either

I was once with a group of people I didn't know very well and music was playing. It was By The Way (song) by the Chilli Peppers. Someone said "can we turn this off? It's depressing" and someone else said "yeah this is a bit depressing actually." I was just plain stunned. I'm not a big chilli peppers fan but I just thought "if you think that is depressing..."