Sign in to follow this  
REDIPSKCOLC

Spoon.

ga ga ga ga ga is my favorite

then gimme fiction

then kill the moonlight

i didnt really like kill the moonlight much...should i bother with series of sneaks then?

series of sneaks isn't as 'experimental' as moonlight. the songwriting is so fuckin tight though.

Spoon is wonderful. Gimme Fiction is one of my top five albums.

Kill the Moonlight, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga (title notwithstanding), Girls Can Tell...it's all great. These guys deserve the credit they get. Unique, fun, and so, so good.

They had an "evolution" similar to Radiohead. Their first two albums were raucous Pixies-esque rock, and then with number 3 they got deeper, more thought-out, and started with this minimalist idea. And then came Kill the Moonlight. Listen to "Paper Tiger" off that album and then "All The Negatives Have Been Destroyed" off Telephono, their debut. If that's not evolution, I don't know what is.

Spoon is one of the best rock bands--scratch that, best musical acts--out there today. Easily.

all i've got is gaX5 and i do like

where to next?

I like "Gimme Fiction" the most, but "Kill the Moonlight" is maybe more quintessential...it really nails the minimalist sound. Really, though, either of those are good choices.

Fiction is broader, more widescreen, if that makes sense. Moonlight is brusque, sparse, but has great melodies and rhythms.

Britt Daniel is vocally superb on both.

like i got into them on the basis of how fucking good They Want My Soul is and, to be honest, aside from Hot Thoughts haven't been quite as engaged w/ the stuff that came before it save for a good portion of Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga (Ga?) ((Ga????))

On 7/31/2019 at 9:02 PM, Chevy's Chevy Chase said:

but my god is TWMS ever good

one of my fav albums of the decade, even

yeah, loved TWMS. can always count on spoon to have a few awesome songs in anything they put out.

I’m about to watch Spoon take the stage for the second time in my life and I still don’t know any of their songs. Cage/beck night running tour at the Tampa amp. 

Spoon was great, I just can’t figure out how I never listened to their music before. I like Cage and they are popular here, they both played here a few years ago and came back again for another show which is a surprise. I think cage was a little too edgy for Florida this time which seems weird to say about them, but I liked it and Beck was good too and I’m not even a fan of his but his show is fun. No doubt Beck was drawing immense power due to the proximity of ... The Church.👽