Sign in to follow this  
REDIPSKCOLC

Spoon.

You should check them out further. I bought Gimme Fiction last week, it's so cohesive and flowing and unique and experimental yet not annoyingly so yet minimalistic. I'd say it's up there with OK Computer as a classic-sounding-album-that-will-be-remembered-for-years-to-come. Beautiful. Seriously, it's the first album that I've been obsessed with since................ I dunno, maybe Amnesiac.

Spoon is faaaaaantastic.

Gimme Fiction was a change from their normal repertoire, but it's still got that cleverness and that swagger. I just kind of wish they'd use an organ more instead of Piano, like they used to.

They are currently recording the follow-up :ed:

Listen to the vocal rhythms and how he plays with them throughout the songs. He does it at an even higher degree live, I love it. One of the few bands whose vocals I pay attention to

My favourite album is Girls Can Tell

i listened to sneaks for the first time in over a year this afternoon and am convinced it is SORELY underrated classic album. and it's marginally better than their other albums.

they aren't terribly fresh, but the songwriting is often flawless and production is perfectly minimalistic.