Noel realises the genius of the band, he just has a bit of warped view on different genres of music and what they are all about. Noel seems to think Radiohead are good but he daren't say so because he has made him self out to be such a believer in a certain brand of music and therefore doesn't let himself look fairly at groups with a different style to Oasis. Maybe. It's just a theory.

Liam can be funny, but I wonder whether sometimes he just plays up to his pastiche. He's the sorta bloke who you really ought not to take seriously, just laugh when he takes the piss out of bands you hate and ignore him when he takes the piss out of bands you like.

When Thom covered Wonderwall it sounded very much like a piss take and the quote from teenagethumb suggests he doesn't like them very much. At the time it was all Oasis v. Blur though and though Radiohead weren't really interested in Britpop they may have just sided with Blur and disliked Oasis by default.

One time when Radiohead did The Bends Thom changed "I wish it was the sixties, I wish we could be happy" to "I wish it was the sixties, I wish we were Oasis" and everyone cheered. That was the South Park gig 2001, I think. Obviously it was joke but it may indicate that Thom does actually like Oasis a bit. I always thought the Bends (song) sounds rather Britpoppy.

Colin once said that the true strength of Oasis was the bass player and said "if only they'd realise." That was probably sarcasm though.

Noel once said that Slade were more influential than Radiohead. That's really more of a compliment to Slade than anything else though.

Radiohead have released more albums that were consistently good than Oasis. Oasis has Definitely Maybe and (What's the Story) Morning Glory. Radiohead have:

The Bends

OK Computer

Kid A

Amnesiac

Hail to the Thief

and not to mention the numerable EPs and other b-sides. Oasis were good, but only for two albums, maybe three.

when i look noel playing i wanna die even though he is one of the best songwritter in live he is a robot

aye' date=' definitely. and Graham Coxon once said this:

"Watching Noel Gallagher play, he has too much fucking respect for the instrument. To get the best out of a guitar, you've got to fucking hate it as well."

One time when Radiohead did The Bends Thom changed "I wish it was the sixties' date=' I wish we could be happy" to "I wish it was the sixties, I wish we were Oasis" and everyone cheered. That was the South Park gig 2001, I think. Obviously it was joke but it may indicate that Thom does actually like Oasis a bit. I always thought the Bends (song) sounds rather Britpoppy.

[/quote']

I think that suggests more that Thom thinks Oasis are shit.

Colin once said that the true strength of Oasis was the bass player and said "if only they'd realise." That was probably sarcasm though.

:risa: :risa: Colin rules

Noel once said that Slade were more influential than Radiohead.

:risa:

I think that suggests more that Thom thinks Oasis are shit.

Yes. "I wish it were the sixties, I wish we could be happy" is sarcastic. Thom says he gets annoy'd with people who say they wish it were the (x)0's because it's dumb, for some reason. I'll find the quote if you really want it.

But yeah, he's not speaking well of Oasis in that context anyway.

I remember seeing the first single of their new album live on top of the pops and thinking, "my god, they suck soooo bad'.

Considering Thom Yorke's general outlook on rock music, I doubt he would think much of oasis. Especially considering they're a bumch of no-talent pricks, he he. :thom:

Yes. "I wish it were the sixties' date=' I wish we could be happy" is sarcastic. Thom says he gets annoy'd with people who say they wish it were the (x)0's because it's dumb, for some reason. I'll find the quote if you really want it.

But yeah, he's not speaking well of Oasis in that context anyway.[/quote']

are ya talking about this?

"It's incredibly annoying that no one's noticed the giggles in that album. The song 'The Bends' is completely jokey, completely taking the piss. None of that stuff had ever happened to us when we wrote it. That was our Bowie pastiche, our joke song ! And I really do wish I'd never written that fucking song - it's become the bane of my life. Hundreds of journalists asking - every single fucking interview : "Do you wish it was the sixties ?" No, I don't wish it was the fucking sixties - Levis jeans wish it was the sixties - I certainly fucking don't.