LP7 Speculation Thread (MTLP7 Download In First Post!)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are correct. thom wrote the lyrics. jonny made the arrangement for the ether festival. i have it from a good source ;)

Who? Thom?

What about the Tourist though. Slightly off topic but whatever. Who wrote the lyrics for the Tourist. I always assumed it was Jonny because I'm sure I read something to the effect of

"Jonny did all of it and then Thom came in and did his thing." I always interpreted that to mean Thom sang the lyrics to Jonny's song.

i know jonny came up with the concept behind the song's lyrics, but that doesn't necessarily mean he wrote the lyrics. he could just as easily conveyed what he wanted the lyrics to be about to thom and had thom write them, if he was confident in the quality of his own lyrics. i dunno though, no way to be sure, it's possible jonny wrote them

Who? Thom?

What about the Tourist though. Slightly off topic but whatever. Who wrote the lyrics for the Tourist. I always assumed it was Jonny because I'm sure I read something to the effect of

"Jonny did all of it and then Thom came in and did his thing." I always interpreted that to mean Thom sang the lyrics to Jonny's song.

no, not thom. but sorry i can't say who it was. otherwise i would have said who it was when i posted that. i can't prove it and you don't have to believe me, but i really wouldn't bother saying it if it weren't the truth. thom wrote the lyrics at the end of 2004, btw.

Who? Thom?

considering my boardname is the tourist, ill answer that question for you

jonny wrote the tourist. it was about a day he and thom were walking around a city in france, and they both were having a warm fuzzy feeling inside of them as they looked around the beautiful city (they were probably on mushrooms). anyway, as they were enjoying the peace and tranquility of the city, they kept noticing people flying past in cars, or walking through the city, without even taking notice to how beautiful it was. thats why the lyrics are talking about, flying by at a million miles per second

thom is urging the people to "slow down, idiot slow down" take a look at ur beautiful surroundings

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/22547

so between Thom's comments on DAS yesterday and the timely release of concert information and the story in NME, it's looking like Radiohead aren't really even thinking about an album at this point:

"To keep things more fun and spontaneous, we will be playing new songs that are work in progress. We will also be releasing music to download when we are excited about it, rather than wait twelve months for a full blown album release. Music's not just about all-time greats - it's also a document of its time, and we want to be able to put out a song when it feels right."

so it does sound like they are going with the downloads idea that they've had floating around for awhile. i guess it means we'll get music sooner than we otherwise would, but it may be quite some time before we see another proper studio album. i'm sort of surprised about this, since Radiohead has always seemed to be all about the album... since The Bends, they've all been cohesive works with a particular atmosphere, and it's strange to see them sort of give up on this (if only for the time being).

i'm not sure how i feel about this yet, though i'm excited to get music sooner. are they trying to do something crazy for the music industry, or are they just doing their own thing?

i hate mp3s. i want something physical with packaging and stuff.

Damm right. I wonder if they're trying to get songs out when they're relevant like John Lennon with his newspaper songs idea. He wanted songs written recorded and in the shops by next week for a while. It's possible Radiohead could release a few singles before lp7 for whatever reason but I sincerely hope the singles end up on lp7. I rarely actually listen to single only tracks as I'd rather just put on a whole album. That's probably a bit stupid but whatever.

Guest Thomas J

i think singles with bsides, and a box to put them all in or something, would be cool. i think aphex twin did that with analord, and the manics did it too.

edit: this DOES make the thom yorke solo album more feasable though, which is cool.

i think singles with bsides' date=' and a box to put them all in or something, would be cool. i think aphex twin did that with analord, and the manics did it too.

edit: this DOES make the thom yorke solo album more feasable though, which is cool.[/quote']

Yeah but then you'd have to keep changing CDs, which would mean I'd have to stand up etc. If they wanted to do something like that, I'd rather they put all the singles and bsides on one CD then the album on another. That would actually work out like Kid A and Amnesiac the other way round which would suit me just fine.

Damm right. I wonder if they're trying to get songs out when they're relevant like John Lennon with his newspaper songs idea. He wanted songs written recorded and in the shops by next week for a while. It's possible Radiohead could release a few singles before lp7 for whatever reason but I sincerely hope the singles end up on lp7. I rarely actually listen to single only tracks as I'd rather just put on a whole album. That's probably a bit stupid but whatever.

i think this is what they are doing. music as a means for social change a la Lennon and the sixties bands. i don't think there's any other reason b/c they have shown in the past to be all about "the album."

As opposed to the electricity-free way in which you play CDs, you mean?

A laptop's bound to use more electricity than a cd player. I mean it's got a screen for god's sake. Think about it you webtard. :colin:

And anyway, my CD player is fueled by a hamster in a wheel so there.

"To keep things more fun and spontaneous, we will be playing new songs that are work in progress. We will also be releasing music to download when we are excited about it, rather than wait twelve months for a full blown album release. Music's not just about all-time greats - it's also a document of its time, and we want to be able to put out a song when it feels right."

who the fuck is saying this? sounds like it was written by the PR guy...

i don't know. mixed news really. frankly it weirds me out that they'd communicate something like this through the NME in the first place.

no LP7?

*deletes thread*

well couldn't it also mean that they'll do both an album and make downloads available?

eehm.. howds they do that? spill all the beans first, then put it together?

That doesnt really give me the "OMFG im gonna sleep in front of the store"-feeling

i'm sure there will be an LP7. this puts it way back though i reckon. as in, in a years time, maybe it still won't be out.

if we compare this to Kid Amnesiac, imagine that they released the Amnesiac tracks in downloads over the 2000 tour and then Kid A sometime in 2001. i think we're going to see something like that. although obviously it's got to the point where the best guesses are dashed by the next band statement.

it's going to be an interesting few months anyway.

in terms of listening to the downloads, i guess i'll just burn them along with IWNOT and whatever 'LP7' tracks they don't release this summer, like Arpeggi maybe.

eehm.. howds they do that? spill all the beans first' date=' then put it together?

That doesnt really give me the "OMFG im gonna sleep in front of the store"-feeling[/quote']

well all the nme thing said was some tracks would be made available for download 'when we are excited about it' - not that a whole album's worth would be put out.

same as releasing an ep prior to an album coming out. it doesn't necessarily mean an album wont be coming eventually, or that everything they make available for download would be on that album anyways.

i would not be as happy with downloads though, if its available as mp3 - the quality will not be as good, and we'll be missing out on all the packaging stuff that radiohead has always been so good at.