mooks

The Longest Thread In Other Music

So, Low, and Double Negative. It's fucking great, innit? I went and bought older Low and I now realize that Double Negative is their Kid A. But it is wonderful that they did this on album 12, 25 years in.

I love this album.

anyone see that new chevy commercial where people speak the lyrics to "little bit country, little bit rock n roll" but in the background they're playing mary mary so contrary by CAN!?!?

THE END IS NIGH

Wait, what?

Let's face it, MT is fucking dead (again).

I'm really looking forward to Gizz - Infest The Rat's Nest on August 16th, new Tool* on August 30th, and Wilco - Ode To Joy on October 4th.

*Yes. Tool.

And I love the new Springsteen. Sue me.

Can't wait for Tool to post-pone it again or something so all the Toolies (which is what i pray to god is their official fan name) can weep about it.  Sorry, i don't wish such things upon any other fandom - perhaps you & only you can receive a loving leak!

:)  Oh, I'm expecting it!! To be perfectly honest, I'm a very recent ...er.....Toolie. I blind bought the 4 albums, thinking "Surely I've been missing something in my life", and I must admit that the first run-through had me .....um.....in doubt. But something happened in the second run-through. By the third run-through I was convinced that Tool is the hardest band in the world to discover/appreciate. They are fucking good!! And 10,000 Days is underappreciated, even by Toolies at large.

I have this crazy feeling that August 30th will bring forth a Masterpiece.

Or it will be a complete pile of shit.

ive never been able to fully fall in love with tool. on paper they should be one of the most me bands on the planet but there's just something kind of... cold about them? in a way i don't connect with or find comfort in like autechre or something like that. definitely a cool band. i'm sure i'll hear the new album at some point when my stepdad won't stop talking about it.

Oh no. Tool is now "Dad Rock".

They are a hard band to get into. I may have mentioned that my first run-through of the 4 albums left me cold. But I tried again and something began to click, especially with the later releases. The later the better imho. 10,000 Days seems to get less love than it should. All 4 of the main albums are huge motherfuckers.....that doesn't help with digestion.

Your stepdad and 57 year old me will help you on your way!!  :)

You're going to uh... Lenny's!

they've got pitas at Denny's!

I still wanna know why the HELL I was banished from posting (but could view the board!) for quite some time... 

never got ANY answers... couldn't make a damn new account I don't think … and why keep someone from posting on a DEAD BOARD where there's like

20 people left (at MOST) and maybe like 4 or 5 posts per day )(at LEAST!