Sign in to follow this  
crapdancesing

moral lowground / or: my first webcomic

Guest jordanMARX

Awesome.

If I wasn't leaving the internet in two weeks I'd offer up somthing like "yo Josh, we should tagteam-takedown the webcomic industry.. I'll do the art, you provide the voice.

Awesome.

If I wasn't leaving the internet in two weeks I'd offer up somthing like "yo Josh' date=' we should tagteam-takedown the webcomic industry.. I'll do the art, you provide the voice.[/quote']

thats weird you mention that.. you were one of two people i was going to ask to do it with, then of course i remembered what you were doing and figured there would be no point in even asking. though i would like to talk to you about it all before you leave, just to make sure i understand what your plans are...

i mean, i'm doing alright, and i dont regret dropping out of school, but i think i might like the direction my life would have gone in if i would have stayed in school. seems like you got a good thing going right now, just make sure you're not spoiling it i guess. your talent is incredible, and isn't going to disappear for the next two or so years while you make for a degree. and in the meantime you could always do stuff like what i'm doing right now - get your name out there, show your abilities to people, build a reputation. i remember you said something about not having traveled at all... well, how much fun can traveling be when you don't really have much to rely on? surely it would be more fun and less stressful after seeing a certain amount of success. and from what you wrote in your letter, it sounds like your family is pretty close - i'm sure they'll miss you and wouldnt want you to do it - not that it should affect your decision a HUGE amount, but should be at least considered.

maybe i should have said this a while ago, i just didn't know how or where to start. and then when i made the comic i was like "man jordan would probably have some cool ideas for this. oh man jordans LEAVING! i wonder if i should give him my two cents?" but not in trying to sabotage your life for my devious plans ;)

anyway, i fully support whatever decision you make, as long as you're completely sure about it, and its something you want to do. i'm sure you'll be fine in whatever endeavors you chose, you're a pretty capable dude. i just thought you should hear some advice from someone who was in a similar position. sometimes life gets so boring you want to go out and explore everything in some hope that something else exists that can satisfy you..only to find out that mostly everywhere's the same, and its usually something deeper that needs to be taken care of.

Guest jordanMARX
thats weird you mention that.. you were one of two people i was going to ask to do it with' date=' then of course i remembered what you were doing and figured there would be no point in even asking. though i would like to talk to you about it all before you leave, just to make sure i understand what your plans are...

i mean, i'm doing alright, and i dont [i']regret[/i] dropping out of school, but i think i might like the direction my life would have gone in if i would have stayed in school. seems like you got a good thing going right now, just make sure you're not spoiling it i guess. your talent is incredible, and isn't going to disappear for the next two or so years while you make for a degree. and in the meantime you could always do stuff like what i'm doing right now - get your name out there, show your abilities to people, build a reputation. i remember you said something about not having traveled at all... well, how much fun can traveling be when you don't really have much to rely on? surely it would be more fun and less stressful after seeing a certain amount of success. and from what you wrote in your letter, it sounds like your family is pretty close - i'm sure they'll miss you and wouldnt want you to do it - not that it should affect your decision a HUGE amount, but should be at least considered.

maybe i should have said this a while ago, i just didn't know how or where to start. and then when i made the comic i was like "man jordan would probably have some cool ideas for this. oh man jordans LEAVING! i wonder if i should give him my two cents?" but not in trying to sabotage your life for my devious plans ;)

anyway, i fully support whatever decision you make, as long as you're completely sure about it, and its something you want to do. i'm sure you'll be fine in whatever endeavors you chose, you're a pretty capable dude. i just thought you should hear some advice from someone who was in a similar position. sometimes life gets so boring you want to go out and explore everything in some hope that something else exists that can satisfy you..only to find out that mostly everywhere's the same, and its usually something deeper that needs to be taken care of.

Oh, I'm very certain about leaving... "I've never been so sure of anything" and all that. The night I decided I was going to do this I felt somthing turn over inside of me. Somthing clicked in my body and finally...My mind and my body seemed to be on the same page. Following the making of the decision, I was prepared to leave THAT night about two months ago. Which would have been very rash, I know..but the energy and motivation was compelling me to just get up and go. Instead I sat down and plotted out financial arrangments and decided to leave two months later.

Here I am, fourteen days from my departure date, money saved, supplies bought..and I'm just Buzzing. no way to stop this train now... I've thought about it through and through, jeeze, I've thought about the pros of staying in Art school for the last two and a half years...and they're not very enticing.

As for my family, I love them... and they love me dearly. But that's not going to stop me. A twenty year old should be able to make a decision like this and have his family support him regardless. My family is the best, they'll understand.