Sign in to follow this  
servant

Thom vs Christianity

As a Christian, I was shocked to see the actual lyrics for I Am a Wicked Child presented by Thom (slurred voice).

Now, I realize that Thom, who I suspect is not a Christian, should not be expected to act, speak, or write like one.

But what stuck with me was the aggressive tone of the lyrics, especially the last verse, dealing with marionettes and the radiance of Christs' Lie. It was shocking. I just didn't realize that he was that cynical about Christ. Wasn't the Trade Justice Rally supported somewhat by Christian Aid?

Anyone have any ideas on what inspired this song?

As a Christian' date=' I was shocked to see the actual lyrics for I Am a Wicked Child presented by Thom (slurred voice).

Now, I realize that Thom, who I suspect is not a Christian, should not be expected to act, speak, or write like one.

But what stuck with me was the aggressive tone of the lyrics, especially the last verse, dealing with marionettes and the radiance of Christs' Lie. It was shocking. I just didn't realize that he was that cynical about Christ. Wasn't the Trade Justice Rally supported somewhat by Christian Aid?

Anyone have any ideas on what inspired this song?[/quote'] at ease says light, not lie. so i guess we dont know

I was surprised Thom mentioned religion at all.

It didn't seem particularly negative to me. (I heard light too..)

But yeah..we're not forced into THomism (though it sounds fun)...and ditto Myxo.

Jeepers Myx. it seems like I adore every other post, and am iffy about the rest. :wub:

and besides, he did an interview with some christian magazine a few years back. i dont have the link though.

if you could find it somehow, that'd be cxool.....im interested

ph34r.gif

ph34r.gifha, i was responding to hekkie's post[img']http://galeon.com/irishsea/MT_icons/ph34r.gif[/img]

i gotcha

so, i read it and there are only a few questions about religeon

thom has the some similar kinda qualms about christianity that i do...the whole "forcing morals on people" thing and the fact that so many christians have absolutely no sense of humor when it comes to christianity...

I'm just lucky enough to be a part of a church that DOESNT force morals and knows that god has a sense of humor too.

its sad that the only parts of christianity that really get recognized are the crappy ones (televangelists and such)

ph34r.gif

i gotcha

so' date=' i read it and there are only a few questions about religeon

thom has the some similar kinda qualms about christianity that i do...the whole "forcing morals on people" thing and the fact that so many christians have absolutely no sense of humor when it comes to christianity...

I'm just lucky enough to be a part of a church that DOESNT force morals and knows that god has a sense of humor too.

its sad that the only parts of christianity that really get recognized are the crappy ones (televangelists and such)

[img']http://galeon.com/irishsea/MT_icons/ph34r.gif[/img]

i agree with that 100%

Same deal with Islam...everyone digs at the bad bits/sects/and the practices that are so far off they might as well not be "Muslim".

Good thing Thom doesn't sing about that! :ninja:

I kind of wondered whether "Wicked Child" was a reflection on childhood..on Thom's part. Maybe his parents were religious and he didn't exactly follow?

What about his 'rents anyways? I don't even know who they are..are they alive now??

*googles bio*

Same deal with Islam...everyone digs at the bad bits/sects/and the practices that are so far off they might as well not be "Muslim".

Good thing Thom doesn't sing about that! :ninja:

I kind of wondered whether "Wicked Child" was a reflection on childhood..on Thom's part. Maybe his parents were religious and he didn't exactly follow?

What about his 'rents anyways? I don't even know who they are..are they alive now??

*googles bio*

do you think thom would say anything if the were dead or alive. he is fairly private.