Sign in to follow this  
Naomi Whats

Thomas J - A Decade Later (aka Thomas Gems Collection)

listened to it all in one go just now. so great. good song selections, flows well. sin of envy stood out. never played that one that much before. but the I'm a jealous kind of guy line melody is perfect. you shaped hole is still my favorite.

Thanks! Yeah, I think You Shaped Hole had the best glow up in this collection tbh, the original was very muffled and dropping out the bass made it a lot clearer. I'm glad you liked it! 

I've always loved Sin of Envy, it was on an EP so I guess felt smaller but I was always happy with how it turned out

Btw I keep meaning to listen to you recent releases and will try and do that while I work tomorrow! Sorry it's taken me so long!

oh cool! looking forward to that. haven't got many reactions to it, aside from my wife. the slack mt crowd didn't comment at all. but I guess it's largely previously released stuff. I've got a few songs in the works now for a new release at some point. trying to be more disciplined with recording. and I've got a friend who's collaborating soon. really likes the new tracks.

one criticism though--yeah, you shaped hole sounded better. but the whole thing starts with regret which I thought sounded pretty bad quality wise. great song of course. 

Yeah some songs were harder to work with than others. The older songs have a tonne of compression where later ones like Regret had hardly any, so I was trying to get them to meet in the middle to get the sound more consistent. On top of that, Regret had this deep hum throughout that I wanted to minimise. Generally the more distorted songs were harder to work with, so that, $$$ and Nancy in particular

I don't know why I haven't checked this out yet. I'm excited to listen to this. One day at my home, my computer played "Everyone that's someone" and my partner got hooked on the lyrics. We sometimes sing it out loud. We regularly play Jack O Diamonds and sing My shits...

I am unfamiliar with most songs on this new release. You shaped hole is beautiful. Remember when James covered it?
Anyway thanks Thomas. You rock.