Sign in to follow this  
zachadoodle

Liquid Lunch and The Siblings Ferg full releases on Spotify, elsewhere plus new EP Cheers

Itunes, Amazon and Google Music. distrokid uploads to pretty much all of them. Cant seem to find them on youtube tho. And Alexa wont play them unless I sign up for Amazon Unlimited. but thanks for being interested!

Gave Cheers a listen.

I enjoyed it. Your Friends was really nice. Like I like your friends whoever they are. I was surprised to like girl from ipanema too just because it's so often done but your take was fun ("aaah").

time to go to heaven felt like a wilco ambient track.

vampyra. really nice strumming sounds.

I guess that's the whole thing. sweet :)

I was gonna say (and I know I made a similar comment to Thomas J so don't think I tell everyone this) but Your Friends, great songwriting. But then I was like, hmm girl from ipanema was a cover, maybe this one was? Did you write it? I just think people on this forum are probably good songwriters.

On 9/23/2020 at 12:56 AM, Naomi Whats said:

I listened to Cheers and really dug it, especially the second track!

awesome, glad you liked it! 

On 9/23/2020 at 12:56 AM, Naomi Whats said:

How much does Distrokid cost by the way?

hm, it varies. the covers get expensive (maybe $15 per track annually?) and then I think I'm on their two-artist label subscription, like $35 annually? I'm not sure what the cost is for one artist.

On 9/23/2020 at 6:28 PM, cartwheels said:

Gave Cheers a listen.

I enjoyed it. Your Friends was really nice. Like I like your friends whoever they are. I was surprised to like girl from ipanema too just because it's so often done but your take was fun ("aaah").

time to go to heaven felt like a wilco ambient track.

vampyra. really nice strumming sounds.

I guess that's the whole thing. sweet :)

:lol: I like my friends, too. and thanks for the nice words!

On 9/23/2020 at 6:38 PM, cartwheels said:

I was gonna say (and I know I made a similar comment to Thomas J so don't think I tell everyone this) but Your Friends, great songwriting. But then I was like, hmm girl from ipanema was a cover, maybe this one was? Did you write it? I just think people on this forum are probably good songwriters.

Yes, it's a cover of Earwig, small scottish band: 

I love playing that song at open mics. I added an ending that's not on the recording that I do live, just the words, "You're mine" at the end deep from the lungs. repeated several times. It's a great choice, because it's a stalker/psycho song, so you know anyone who talks to you isn't going to be your usual fake LA crowd. I played at in this one great hippie open mic bar in Berkely, with the usual hippie vibe of songs, and the sound guy was so grateful to hear something different he added echoes to my vocals. ha, it was great.