Sign in to follow this  
Chevy's Chevy Chase

why the fuck do we all have multiple accounts?

sometimes it was that people just wanted a different name, since back then we couldn't change our names.  a lot of it was for playing pranks. 

i think there were probably a few who wanted anonymity - they still wanted to join in conversations but didn't want people seeing the name and not taking them seriously because of the name.

to be honest, this is mostly me wondering aloud - remembering my own reasons & wondering how closely they resonate to those of others

but like, jesus christ i don't remember for the life of me why i needed an account called "Radiator"

for me i was embarrassed at some of my behavior as a dumb teenager on my first account and wanted a period of time of interacting with people as a functional human being so they could form new impressions of me.

On 7/31/2019 at 10:03 PM, babydoctor said:

for me i was embarrassed at some of my behavior as a dumb teenager on my first account and wanted a period of time of interacting with people as a functional human being so they could form new impressions of me.

i feel like this is how i thought of the Parklol account (which i guess is what i'm currently on, who fucking knows anymore after MT 2.0 or 3.0 or whichever point-oh had the actual name-changing capabilities) but i saw a couple of old posts of mine on this very account today and hot CHRISTMAS they gave me herpes

to be fair, i feel like a lot of the bullshit i vomitted out on here (pseudo-british vernacular and varying degrees of stupid posturing) was largely propogated by the suffocating board attitudes at the time - in combination with my high school experience it was not the best mixture - but even so, god damn i deserved a good e-ass-beating or two for some of those.  thankfully i am at least "wise" enough to see how awful that kind of posting is, but god damn it should be illegal for teenagers to use the internet or something