Sign in to follow this  
tmonk

2019 Other Music

super excited for the Parsnip album though I gotta say trouble in mind is a great label but sometimes lately they have the habit of snagging a great band who then puts out an underwhelming record, Parsnip are the best though

also very excited for Purple Mountains, I think all the teaser songs are basically perfect best case scenario for what a david berman song 30 years in might sound like

I love King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard's April release called Fishing For Fishies. Maybe the stupid-ass sounding names/titles turn people off, but that would be a shame, because it is a damn fine album. I have all Gizz albums. These guys are are exciting.

A new one is due in August, called Infest The Rat's Nest, and it will thrash.

I'm still kinda exhausted from those 5 albums they released in 2017, haven't listened to fishies properly yet. Great band, saw them play their biggest solo gig (at the time anyway) in london and they were insane

Yeah, Fishies is my favourite one. There's some really great songwriting on that.

It took me a while to consume the 5 albums from 2017. Not all of them are uniformly excellent of course, but with Gizz, even their bad albums are interesting. I love their energy and ambition, and I can't wait to see what the 2020s bring.

I think a couple songs on the big thief album are super great but TBH I have trouble staying full engaged with it for the full album.  I think the new song is another super great one

On 8/17/2019 at 5:54 AM, tmonk said:

Is you favorite band sucks the guy who also does the country podcast? I listened to that one

i don't have a fuckin' clue but it is two guys & i like the majority of the bands they talk about.  just good 20-40 minute bursts of masochism i suppose!