jonathan

Official Anima Thread

42 minutes ago, gnogghi said:

The "K, k, k, k" that comes after is just as good. Did you watch the movie?

PT Anderson is one of my favs so yeah, I definitely watched it. So good. 

i really like the album. i really like TMB too....

the video was fun. it's good to see thom out there having fun and trying things. 

file_from_ios.gif

(had to steal it -- thanks to @ryon)

I bought the digital download of Thom Yorke's Anima and I love it.  I'm planning on buying the CD.  Does the CD come with lyrics?

I keep forgetting this exists, it didn't really make much of an impression on me I guess, outside of Dawn Chorus (which is a song title we heard hears ago, right?)

It's growing on me fast. More listening, and remembering the interview, the live show, and past works. It's chaotic, it makes sense, it's liberating and beautiful. Make noise, Thom. Make some goddamn noise. I am wondering who came up with some of the bass lines, seems like Flea and other AFP members are still around. ... Perhaps we will have an AFP/Anima tour down the road. Come on, it was fun when they toured The Eraser ten years ago. They turned Cymbs Rush into a fucking hurricane I loved it.

On the Thom Yorke page at discogs.com, in the section titled Singles & EPs . . . . . I discovered a release called Anima (Preview Limited Edition).  It is a 12-inch Vinyl Record and track 3 is titled Dawn Chorus (Alternate Mix).  The Notes section of that webpage indicates it is the synth only mix from the movie.  It's refering to the 15-minute Anima short film directed by Paul Thomas Anderson.  It appears that the Anima short film is currently only available to see if you have a subscription to Netflix (which I don't).  I don't use vinyl records and I can't find the synth only mix titled Dawn Chorus (Alternate Mix) on the Internet.  Does anyone know where I can find an MP3 of it?

14 minutes ago, cartwheels said:

Why don’t you just get a trial subscription to netflix and rip it from there?

Thank you very much for the reply.  I expect to subscribe to Netflix in December because there are several movies (The Meyerowitz Stories, The Irishman, Marriage Story) that will only be viewable on Netflix.  So I will be able to watch the Anima short film in December.  However, I don't know how to rip it.

Cool. I'm looking forward to the Irishman too, mostly because my friend just opened a coffee shop in Ridgewood, Queens. The bar they serve coffee from now was built by the crew as a set in the movie. Curious to see how recognizable the space is.

It reminds me of old Boards of Canada, but I am really loving it.It's growing on me. I saw him in Toronto and that really helped solidify Dawn Chorus for me. Twenty feet in front of the sound table is where the sweet mix is.

On 10/23/2019 at 10:44 PM, dagobah said:

On the Thom Yorke page at discogs.com, in the section titled Singles & EPs . . . . . I discovered a release called Anima (Preview Limited Edition).  It is a 12-inch Vinyl Record and track 3 is titled Dawn Chorus (Alternate Mix).  The Notes section of that webpage indicates it is the synth only mix from the movie.  It's refering to the 15-minute Anima short film directed by Paul Thomas Anderson.  It appears that the Anima short film is currently only available to see if you have a subscription to Netflix (which I don't).  I don't use vinyl records and I can't find the synth only mix titled Dawn Chorus (Alternate Mix) on the Internet.  Does anyone know where I can find an MP3 of it?

i haven't found what you are looking for. and i'm not sure it's in the anima film on Netflix. i'll look more on Vimeo but in the meantime, i did find the 2 ambient tracks on the  Anima (Preview Limited Edition) vinyl.

Anima (Preview Limited Edition)

B1. Impossible Textures
B2. The Axe Textures

i messaged Daniel Stashkin, the guy who uploaded the 2 ambient tracks from the Ltd.ed vinyl to Vimeo, and asked if he would consider uploading the alternate mix of dawn chorus.

if you find it first, please post.

Thank you for posting those videos.  They inspired me to download a program (to my computer) in order to help me convert the audio (of those VIMEO videos) to MP3.  I downloaded a program called Streaming Audio Recorder.  Instead of doing the Trial Evaluation thing, I decided to buy a 1-year Personal License Subscription.  But I screwed up the purchase.  I clicked on the incorrect thing and ended up buying a 1-year Personal License Subscription to the Streaming Video Recorder program.  I made the mistake of not noticing the word Video . . . . . I just wasn't paying attention.  I thought it said Audio.  I have contacted them and I am now waiting for them to refund my $42.35.  As soon as that happens, I will buy the 1-year subscription for the Streaming Audio Recorder program.

Wow . . . . . BIG thanks to sleepy jack.  I am watching the Anima short film you posted above.  At 9:37 of the film, the woman (Dajana Roncione) and Thom Yorke begin smiling at each other while they move along the wall.  For me . . . . . it's the kind of smiles that mean a true romantic connection between two human beings.  It shows a genuine emotional connection, a physical connection and an intellectual connection.  I know its just a short film . . . . . but I'm jealous.  I'm 49-years-old and I've never experienced it with a woman.  I always wanted to . . . . . but it just didn't happen.  I suspect I'm one of the few people on Earth that's never experienced it.  It seems like a fundamental experience for humans . . . . . .something very common and normal.  And millions of people have experienced it with different people in other relationships they've had.  Life is not fair and that's been a challenge to accept.

Thank you again for posting that video.  I will still subscribe to Netflix because I still want to see those movies I mentioned in my earlier post.