Sign in to follow this  
Skuj

Ridiculous Boxed Sets

I bet Bach 333 is awesome. I love Bach's handwritten manuscripts. So beautiful. Like look at this 1024px-BWV1001_adagio_autograph_manuscri

I used to play this. Playing from this score is hard but it gives you an amazing idea of how he wants it to sound.

In college in the age of CDs I had access to an amazing library of music. I would rip so many CDs of rare classical music to my old laptop that had a cd drive. *nostalgia* It was exciting because I'd find the most obscure shit and look at the label and the picture of the performer and read about them and fantasize about the hall or studio where they'd be recording. Who was watching. What where they wearing. Who produced the record. Did they love the piece as much as I do? Like look at this guy

41W9GC6NEJL.jpg

He fucking kicks ass when he plays Prokofiev. Mmmmm. And he's so serious. Classical musicians get to look to serious in their pictures and I'm envious of it.

I got Disintegration Loops on CD!! I wanted to make sure that it never dis....oh nevermind.

Love your post, cartwheels. This is STILL The Age Of CDs!!  :)

Why

cause like, ridiculous boxed sets are the reason CDs exist IMO.  when you're dealing with a large volume of music in one release spending more for the less practical format seems like something no one should do, though I am sometimes tempted!

I got the box set of all the fall singles on CD, love it, very fun to listen to driving around etc.  Then they came out with a reissue of "rough trade singles" on LP which I was about to get and was like, wait a second, I just bought all these songs and more on CD

Did I mention that I also have Mozart 225?

On a side note, going through the Bach Cantatas, I have fully discovered just how epic Bach is. What a fucking genius.

"Clutter"? WTF?

I have box sets I never look at or do anything with, they just take up space and I feel dumb for having bought them. It’s 2019, I don’t see much use in physical stuff like that anymore.