Sign in to follow this  
REDIPSKCOLC

The live show back catalog is... big now

This isn't a profound statement but just my reaction from seeing them last night: the back catalog is friggen' huge now. They were amazing as usual, but it felt a bit disjoint at times as they pingponged between different eras. No Surprises is like a cute little interlude track now. My first show was the Hail to the Thief tour, which now feels like a different era.

This is my post after six years here. I still can not believe i was 18 when i first posted here, i kinda feeling nostalgic.. anyway time flies, things change but happy to see this forum still alive.

They performed The Wolf At The Door last night, after six years!! isn't that great ?!

Can't help feeling that this current tour is their way of getting a feel for the direction of their next recording by dipping into the different styles from all their albums.

Can't help feeling that this current tour is their way of getting a feel for the direction of their next recording by dipping into the different styles from all their albums.

Yeah maybe. Still very surprised with the lack of any new material - even if just in a sound check.

Usually this extensive of a tour (after such a lay off in terms of a new album) portends new material, but I ain’t mad or disappointed.

i need to hear street spirit live before thom becomes a cave dweller.

Really, if he's going to keep wearing that tux, a cave might not be the worst place for him ...