Sign in to follow this  
Tim77

Come To Your Senses

Yes--it was more about making good taper contacts which I made several (in conjunction with other recordings). 

find anything interesting worth mentioning

Sigh.

Ear Monitors are special mixes designed for the band to hear themselves while they're playing. So Thom's feed is mixed with higher amounts of his vocals and guitar, whereas Ed has more of his vocals and guitar. 

Since it's broadcasted over FM, you can dial into their frequencies and record. 

Like this recording. Or the Berkeley 2017 recording that it was paired with. 

Sigh.

Ear Monitors are special mixes designed for the band to hear themselves while they're playing. So Thom's feed is mixed with higher amounts of his vocals and guitar, whereas Ed has more of his vocals and guitar.

Huh.

Sigh.

Genuinely, excuse my ignorance - I had no idea this was a thing!  I'm tempted to say that, combined with proper noise cancelling earpieces, it would be a better way to listen to most concerts!

Genuinely, excuse my ignorance - I had no idea this was a thing! I'm tempted to say that, combined with proper noise cancelling earpieces, it would be a better way to listen to most concerts!

Yeah and if it’s all over FM - what is the radius of the signal? That said - could I be out in a parking lot and tune in? Does the signal change?

It's not going to sound like that on the album because Radiohead will turn it into some electronic trickery. I love the Banjo and the organic sound of the song.

I want an Organic Radiohead album where it's full on just live sounding without any studio trickery.

I wish Radiohead were more into releasing an acoustic/live version of their songs in addition but I can't fault them for not wanting to.

That live version without all the drunken hollering of Gagging Order was so damn warm and beautiful.  Why can't Nigel or somebody capture that in soundboard quality and release it.

I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I want an Organic Radiohead album where it's full on just live sounding without any studio trickery.

I wish Radiohead were more into releasing an acoustic/live version of their songs in addition but I can't fault them for not wanting to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfwA9WT--S0

There’s plenty of that out there, no?

2 from the basement recordings

I Might Be Wrong

Praha/Astoria/Haiti shows

Radiohead are too atmospheric and kraut rock inspired to do a full on raw acoustic and or live thing. And frankly I think if they stripped it all down - it would make for a boring LP10 - comparable to everything they’ve done to this point.

The one off acoustic songs are fine, but if I want 8-10 straight songs of that i turn on Harvest Moon.