sleepy jack

Thom Scores Suspiria

Thom's gonna interviewed about the soundtrack and will be playing 3 of the Suspiria tracks live next Sunday (28th) on Mary Ann Hobbs' 6music show - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0000xg6

He'll also that same day be doing an hour long mix, which will apparently also include a song he did for Suspiria but isn't in the film or on the OST - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0000xfz

man, the beginning of 'Has Ended' has such a creepy feel from :35 seconds in to 1:12 - sounds awesome.

reminds me of this scene: especially in the beginning with that singing

it also has a little bit of the omen in it

and a little bit of the exorcist theme. just a lot slower. 

i wouldn't be surprised if the movie producers referenced all those soundtracks when describing what they wanted for suspiria. and thom did his own thing with them in mind.

unmade is such a beautiful song

i'm still trying to watch the film online without having to sign up to a 'free' site by putting my card details in

i took that as a challenge to find it (plus i wanna watch it too) but my search got halted when i started watching the 1977 film. i'm about 16 minutes in and it's a combination of really good and really bad.

the music, lighting, sets, colors, camera work, and suspense are all really great. joan bennet from dark shadows is a bonus diva.

the bad is the terrible acting from some of the cast, and the gratuitous murder which i don't like watching, but the colors were fantastic.

i don't think i'm gonna finish this tonight but i'm definitely gonna later.

if you find a link to the 2018 one, post it or PM it. 

i wouldn't be surprised if the movie producers referenced all those soundtracks when describing what they wanted for suspiria. and thom did his own thing with them in mind.

Oh there's a few interviews out there you can listen to to find out more about this!