Sign in to follow this  
Tim77

Thom LP3

Any one keeping track of potential songs for a new record? The Axe, I'm a Very Rude Person, I Woke Up...anything else?

Based on the setlists that have appeared in the last couple of days, there's the following:

Impossible Knots

I Am A Very Rude Person

Two Feet Off The Ground

Not The News

Traffic

Twist 

The Axe

(See here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BjXsBXjhctj/?hl=en&taken-at=395566173)

Based on the setlists that have appeared in the last couple of days, there's the following:

Impossible Knots

I Am A Very Rude Person

Two Feet Off The Ground

Not The News

Traffic

Twist 

The Axe

+ "Saturdays"

Dumbest shit I’ve ever read no offence.

sorry i was most def confused about all the tmb tracks that debuted on same nigel-thom tour in '13 that amok tracks debuted

also mustve got confused about how they were left on amoks editing room floor to be released with filler like pink section and theres no ice in my drink to help fill up an album length release

also i like tmb alot, rh and ty b-sides are always a-side quality much of the time, but im not fanboyish to the point i cant tell when they put 10 min of throwaway tracks on an "album" of amok holdovers

sorry if i hurt feelings hha

AMOK is technically an “Atoms for Peace” record. So, this would either be LP3 for thom or LP2 for AFP.

hmm, i think it would be foolish to skip over amok in thoms solo discography and categorize it as some sort of non-solo super group team effort, everything thats afp should really be atoms for peace/thom yorke or vice versa

just cus amok has famous studio musicians and the songs are compiled together for fleas bass driven repertoire doesnt make it apples and oranges to me, it doesnt matter what order the songs are in and they would have similar basslines regardless of flea, there would be no new band name if flea wasnt aboard and this wasnt some rhcp+radiohead+beckpercussion= supergroup situation

i guarantee they play tmb tracks on next afp tour, and thom already plays amok songs solo, yes dif official artist name but its only in name, it should be more used as a live group name than a studio artist, which happens to be exactly how they formed playing lp1 live, its like if kid a had radiohead as artist and amnesiac had domino theory or military industrial complex as artist because mike bloomfield sat in on sessions or toured with them or something, another example would be calling late 60s dylan albums, the band albums

those are thoms songs and no one elses, do you guys really think the other members of afp(besides nigel) contribute that much to thoms compositions in any capacity that is more than just studio/live musicians?

sorry i was most def confused about all the tmb tracks that debuted on same nigel-thom tour in '13 that amok tracks debuted

also mustve got confused about how they were left on amoks editing room floor to be released with filler like pink section and theres no ice in my drink to help fill up an album length release

also i like tmb alot, rh and ty b-sides are always a-side quality much of the time, but im not fanboyish to the point i cant tell when they put 10 min of throwaway tracks on an "album" of amok holdovers

sorry if i hurt feelings hha

Dumbest shit I’ve ever read no offence.

do you guys really think the other members of afp(besides nigel) contribute that much to thoms compositions in any capacity that is more than just studio/live musicians?

I’d agree with all this if we were talking about The Eraser or TMB. In those cases - purely Thom York’s solo efforts. The other musicians (including Nigel) just sort of added little tidbits and atmosphere on already established material.

But AMOK is solidly an AFP (non-solo) effort. Born out of this group of musicians laying Eraser live.

The songs are constructed by a band as a band for a band. The lyrics may very well be all thom - but all the other band mates had a heavy hand in AMOKs creation.

I would even consider Thoms initial squeamishness about AFP as proof that they are a real band. He talked to RH and gave them a heads up he was releasing AMOK as a cohesive band. He posted about it on DAS.

And yeah they play Eraser tracks and other thom solo material - but first that was the intention of AFP and second of course they gonna play more material - AMOK is 9 (?) tracks.

is there any articles or journls about how much they contributed to tracks? cuz i get the feeling they did the same thing to thoms amok material that they did to thoms eraser material

u can tell by listening to that '13 nigel thom tour right before amok came out, the songs were fleshed out

This article doesn’t answer your question - but I thought it was interesting to read about their process and how they arrived at AMOK.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-thom-yorke-on-atoms-for-peaces-mechanistic-new-album-20121105

Ultimately, AMOK (AFP in general) reads to me like how Radiohead were during the Kid A sessions where Thom drives the bus - and if you want to get on, your on - otherwise you’ll sit it out. Ed discussed that before.

It’s pretty clear AMOK is a band record not a solo effort.

im forced to accept fact that its different artist name like everyone else but just pointing out major nuance in thread title

I read the article, sounds like they did some jamming ontop of thoms ideas and the end result is obviously a thom yorke solo album where the music drives the lyrics instead of the other way around, its a frankenstein monster that shouldnt be separated from tmb because as that article stated, they had 0 material going in and came out with brain in a bottle and interference etc, u cannot separate tmb and amok, but it appears i was wrong about that tour it looks like nigel and thom made more electro sounding dj mixes after amok was materialized most likely

id kill myself if i didnt also point out that atoms for peace was introduced at the beginning paragraph of the article as thom yorkes solo project band, i doubt thats how they introduce other supergroups like portishead and velvet revolver

Impossible Knots

I Am A Very Rude Person

Two Feet Off The Ground

Not The News

Traffic

Twist 

The Axe

has anyone seen any youtube videos of the songs?

these all seem to be thom solo?

has anyone seen any youtube videos of the songs?

these all seem to be thom solo?

two of those are rag and bone fashion show soundtracks(twist has been around years, two feet off the ground is fairly new) im not sure if they are officially released but models have been walking the runway to them and they are studio mixed unlike the others that were played at dj sets i doubt those two get released on next album or ep

theres a yt video of thom nigel in oakland last year that literally has all those songs in tracklist except the axe, all the rag and bone songs are on yt and theres one video where they are all compiled

Impossible knots was on the IR Blackboard, no?

headboard.jpg