thebends17

what will they play on this tour

wonder if they are using this tour to record and put out a proper double live album.

they've had eps and here and theres.  but never a proper full on live record.

but to echo everyone else....no new songs?  that's kinda new for them.   especially this far after the last lp and touring.... scares the fuck out of me.

thom must be saving it all for yet another solo record.

wonder if they are using this tour to record and put out a proper double live album.

they've had eps and here and theres. but never a proper full on live record.

but to echo everyone else....no new songs? that's kinda new for them. especially this far after the last lp and touring.... scares the fuck out of me.

thom must be saving it all for yet another solo record.

I was guessing this was going to be a “get the juices flowing” tour - but a lack of any new material seems more in line with the above thought.

Which is kind of a “ho hum” thing for me. I don’t really care about a live release.

Still holding out that new material will start being played around the summer time. Or updated versions of unreleased songs (floodgates, cut a hole, skirting).

I think their just kind of getting back into the swing get of things.

is there any chance they would ever release a "com lag"-eque b-sides and other unreleased songs type album? or is that not their style? IR disk 2 was pretty dope but I wonder if they'd ever just go full retread.

My hope is that this tour is really just a continuation of them enjoying playing live over the last couple of years.

After which they'll get down to writing and recording LP10.

But who knows.

Isn’t I might be wrong a proper live album? They also have that dvd of them before the bends came out that was a whole live show and then there’s all the from the basements. Is it fair to say they haven’t done a live album?

They’ve done enough live stuff - it’s enough.

I’d prefer them to do another webcast or to have Jonny Greenwood broadcast on Mixer playing PUBG with Colin in the background strumming on a bass.

Or just playing damn new songs I don’t care if it’s raw and clunky.

The only live anything I could tolerate would be to give AMSP the full orchestral arrangement it deserves. Thinking of the way they did Arpeggi pre-IR.

Following the setlists they've been playing on this new round of dates has got me really excited. 

I feel like they're exploring various facets of their sound by playing songs live that they haven't played in a long time (e.g., 'Blow Out').

This will hopefully show them the direction they need to go in with LP10.