filmfanb

North America Tour 2018

i agree with Helter Skelter.  just look at the album cycle... if it were a deck of tarot cards, this album would absolutely be the "Death" card.  (and no it doesnt mean literal death, it is a metaphor) but after alllll of these years they finally record 'Man of War', 'Big Boots', 'Lift', 'True Love Waits'.... TLW especially being recorded finally should be a big sign.  i am sure they will still make music but i am fairly sure this is the final tour.... i was thinking that before AMSP even came out.... and then once i heard the album i was sure.  i hope i am wrong just as much as you all do, but my instincts are rarely that far off....and this was a strong one.

AND AS HEAVEN WOULD HAVE IT.... after twenty-fucking-five years i am finally going and spared no expense for good seats.  as absurd as it sounds i have been trying to get to a live show for decades and "something" always happens.... they sell out and i didnt have the money to get seats from another vender, they sell out and that's it they are just sold out and no matter how much money i have i cant get a ticket, but most of the time i was either sick or in the hospital... during the "In Rainbows" tour i was almost frothing at the mouth because i had a ticket and the morning of the show i was in the damned hospital and i totally freaked out... i actually pulled out my IV and told them i was leaving and they could not stop me, i was going AMA and i started getting dressed and called my ex to come and pick me up then they called all of these stupid interns in and i started screaming at them and it was chaos but i *was* within my rights to leave... they were right that i was not physically capable of getting myself home and being stable let alone going to a stadium show... but fuck 'em it was MY CHANCE finally.... and just as they placated me with bringing in the 'signing out AMA paperwork' a nurse came in and stung me like a bee with an injection of i dont know what but i was out within like 2 minutes crying all the way and didnt wake up for over 24 hours.   then more bullballz trying to get tickets to the 'TKOL' tour and i pretty much gave up.  but a friend of mine knew what i had been through all of these years and kept her eye out and got us amazing seats for this show in philly and i JUST found out a week ahead of time!    it will be a miracle if my heart actually makes it through... i pass out just trying to walk the aisles in the grocery store sometimes and this will be FAR MORE intense than that... but my friend knows what to do if i pass out which i will probably do quite a few times during the show but i am used to it.  and besides, if i dont wake up what better way to go??  can you think of one?  i cant. 

so wish me and my heart luck, gonna need it.  but its go to this show or die trying now.  after everything i have heard about the tour so far i am imploding. 

OH, by the way, has anyone heard if they have played "Go Slowly" during the setlist of any of the shows this tour?  apart from "Reckoner" it is the only song i am truly fixated on hearing live.

Can anyone who attended last night's show in Boston who had GA tickets help me out with any info you have.  I'm wondering if there were seats or if it was actual standing room, whether or not I need to get there early, etc.  Any info about the process would help me out.

Thanks

hackd, I was there, not in GA but in row 3 of reserved so with a perfect view of GA. No seats in GA (unless you're sitting with the sound and light crew).  

Radiohead seems to usually only sell enough tix that it is crowded in front but you can also hang back and have a view of hte stage from maybe midway back on the floor.  The back of the floor had plenty of space to move around, though there were people sprinkled everywhere.

You only need to get there early if you're intent on being in the very front, in which case if you're only reading this now you're probably too late for that for Boston.  But not for Philly :)

i agree with Helter Skelter.  just look at the album cycle... if it were a deck of cards, this album would absolutely be the "Death" card.  (and no it doesnt mean literal death, it is a metaphor) but after alllll of these years they finally record 'Big Boots', 'Lift', 'True Love Waits'.... TLW especially being recorded finally should be a big sign.  i am sure they will still make music but i am fairly sure this is the final tour.... i was thinking that before AMSP even came out.... and then once i heard the album i was sure.  i hope i am wrong just as much as you all do, but my instincts are rarely that far off....and this was a strong one.

AND AS HEAVEN WOULD HAVE IT.... after twenty-fucking-five years i am finally going and spared no expense for good seats.  as absurd as it sounds i have been trying to get to a live show for decades and "something" always happens.... they sell out and i didnt have the money to get seats from another vender, they sell out and that's it they are just sold out and no matter how much money i have i cant get a ticket, but most of the time i was either sick or in the hospital... during the "In Rainbows" tour i was almost frothing at the mouth because i had a ticket and the morning of the show i was in the damned hospital and i totally freaked out... i actually pulled out my IV and told them i was leaving and they could not stop me, i was going AMA and i started getting dressed and called my ex to come and pick me up then they called all of these stupid interns in and i started screaming at them and it was chaos but i *was* within my rights to leave... they were right that i was not physically capable of getting myself home and being stable let alone going to a stadium show... but fuck 'em it was MY CHANCE finally.... and just as they placated me with bringing in the 'signing out AMA paperwork' a nurse came in and stung me like a bee with an injection of i dont know what but i was out within like 2 minutes crying all the way and didnt wake up for over 24 hours.   then more bullballz trying to get tickets to the 'TKOL' tour and i pretty much gave up.  but a friend of mine knew what i had been through all of these years and kept her eye out and got us amazing seats for this show in philly and i JUST found out a week ahead of time!    it will be a miracle if my heart actually makes it through... i pass out just trying to walk the aisles in the grocery store sometimes and this will be FAR MORE intense than that... but my friend knows what to do if i pass out which i will probably do quite a few times during the show but i am used to it.  and besides, if i dont wake up what better way to go??  can you think of one?  i cant. 

so wish me and my heart luck, gonna need it.  but its go to this show or die trying now.  after everything i have heard about the tour so far i am imploding. 

OH, by the way, has anyone heard if they have played "Go Slowly" during the setlist of any of the shows this tour?  apart from "Reckoner" it is the only song i am truly fixated on hearing live.

Wow. That is QUITE a story!  I am now totally rooting for you, your heart, and your mind (because hopefully your heart will be fine but your mind will be blown) and I hope you have a life-changing (in only positive ways) experience at your Philly show!

Your situation also makes my situation for Philly seem silly in comparison.  It was already a huge drain on my work and family situation to go to both Boston and then both Philly shows on weeknights (cuz I live in DC), but I bought tix for all 4 shows and figured I'd figure it out later.  Then some other important financial/family stuff came up and really, I should have been in Atlanta this weekend working it out.  But I had faith that I'd figure it all out and make things work out even BETTER and still at least do Boston, but Philly was still looking rough.  Now I'm flying to Atlanta tomorrow early, working literally non-stop for a full 14hr day, hopefully getting it all done, and then getting on a flight to Philly instead of DC tomorrow afternoon.  No idea what I'll do with my suitcase at Wells Fargo center (quite sure I can't take it to my seat!), but I'll figure that out when I get there.  And hope I don't have to leave the show too early to get my train back to DC...

Most likely will have to miss the 2nd Philly show though, although when I saw on the t-shirts that it's the last US show on this round, it feels UN-MISS-ABLE!

Wow. That is QUITE a story!  I am now totally rooting for you, your heart, and your mind (because hopefully your heart will be fine but your mind will be blown) and I hope you have a life-changing (in only positive ways) experience at your Philly show!

Your situation also makes my situation for Philly seem silly in comparison.  It was already a huge drain on my work and family situation to go to both Boston and then both Philly shows on weeknights (cuz I live in DC), but I bought tix for all 4 shows and figured I'd figure it out later.  Then some other important financial/family stuff came up and really, I should have been in Atlanta this weekend working it out.  But I had faith that I'd figure it all out and make things work out even BETTER and still at least do Boston, but Philly was still looking rough.  Now I'm flying to Atlanta tomorrow early, working literally non-stop for a full 14hr day, hopefully getting it all done, and then getting on a flight to Philly instead of DC tomorrow afternoon.  No idea what I'll do with my suitcase at Wells Fargo center (quite sure I can't take it to my seat!), but I'll figure that out when I get there.  And hope I don't have to leave the show too early to get my train back to DC...

Most likely will have to miss the 2nd Philly show though, although when I saw on the t-shirts that it's the last US show on this round, it feels UN-MISS-ABLE!

wow.  i SO wish i could go to more than one show... but thinking about it i really am lucky to be going to this one and i will be very lucky not  to land in the medic unit.... which i already have plans for... i told the friend i am going with to pull a "weekend at Bernie's" kind of thing if i pass out and i am not near my seat.  hahaa.  but you are MAKING ME want to go to the second show!!!!!!

Edit:  Oh, and THANK YOU so much for rooting for me and my heart... we need it!  this is probably the ONLY time i wont mind if something i do puts me in the hospital (as long as i get to see the whole show)....

wow.  i SO wish i could go to more than one show... but thinking about it i really am lucky to be going to this one and i will be very lucky not  to land in the medic unit.... which i already have plans for... i told the friend i am going with to pull a "weekend at Bernie's" kind of thing if i pass out and i am not near my seat.  hahaa.  but you are MAKING ME want to go to the second show!!!!!!

Edit:  Oh, and THANK YOU so much for rooting for me and my heart... we need it!  this is probably the ONLY time i wont mind if something i do puts me in the hospital (as long as i get to see the whole show)....

I'm just back from Boston 2 and I'm not sure MY heart was able to handle tonight's show, it was so amazing!  Heartofglass you'll have a great time and I'm rooting for you to not need *any* medical attention!

helter skelter, I don't know if your theory about this being the band's farewell tour is true or not, but I DO know that you saying that and others agreeing with you has a direct correlation and causation with the OUTRAGEOUS amount of money I spent at the merch tableS!!  Yes, that's tableS, because I already covered that the merch tables are different from each other.  (No, didn't buy one of everything, just kept seeing new individual items that weren't at other merch stands)

hackd, I was there, not in GA but in row 3 of reserved so with a perfect view of GA. No seats in GA (unless you're sitting with the sound and light crew).

Radiohead seems to usually only sell enough tix that it is crowded in front but you can also hang back and have a view of hte stage from maybe midway back on the floor. The back of the floor had plenty of space to move around, though there were people sprinkled everywhere.

You only need to get there early if you're intent on being in the very front, in which case if you're only reading this now you're probably too late for that for Boston. But not for Philly :)

Thanks man, it was a great show as always

I'm just back from Boston 2 and I'm not sure MY heart was able to handle tonight's show, it was so amazing!  Heartofglass you'll have a great time and I'm rooting for you to not need *any* medical attention!

Oh, Thank You SO much GraceBuckley!  (love the name).  and i totally know what you are saying.... my heart is not only going to have to keep up with the actual walking, standing for long periods of time, heat, etc... the physiological stuff.... it is going to have to handle NOT imploding when they play certain songs!  and my mind too.  my psyche might just decide to spiral out and keep going (to borrow a turn of phrase).... hahahahahaaaaa. 

heart of glass, if you were at the show last night, you weren't wearing a yellow shirt and in the GA section were you?  Someone passed out and needed medical attention last night and I was worried it was you!

There’s no way this band is digging so deep into their disco on this tour and playing fan service over the last three to four years with releases like Lift Man O War Burn the Witch, etc - without knowing in the back of their collective minds that this is a send off of bitter sweet proportion.

Soooooo... I have some great news!  Bad news for you if you really are attached to your Kid A cd sleeve...

I spent both Philly shows sitting near/in the band's guest section, spoke to several people with AAA passes or who were not only AAA but clearly working for them closely (i.e. just kept coming out doing things for the guests or giving guests passes).  

Long story short, NO, this is NOT a farewell tour.  It may be awhile before we get a new Radiohead album and then another tour, so we should be ready to wait quite a while, but no, this is NO "farewell tour", not doing an REM where you play your last tour without announcing it as such until it's over.  

Radiohead WILL be back, Goddess willing and the creeks don't rise!

So now that that's settled, my question is how long do we wait before you eat your cd sleeve?  Do we have to wait until the next tour is actually announced, or is a new Radiohead album enough time?

but after alllll of these years they finally record 'Man of War', 'Big Boots', 'Lift', 'True Love Waits'.... TLW especially being recorded finally should be a big sign.  i am sure they will still make music but i am fairly sure this is the final tour.... i was thinking that before AMSP even came out.... and then once i heard the album i was sure.  i hope i am wrong just as much as you all do, but my instincts are rarely that far off....and this was a strong one.

aren't the Not OK bonuses from the actual 96/97 recordings??

this isn't the end.  this is just the proper space needed for Ed to finally record the solo album!!!!!

Soooooo... I have some great news! Bad news for you if you really are attached to your Kid A cd sleeve...

I spent both Philly shows sitting near/in the band's guest section, spoke to several people with AAA passes or who were not only AAA but clearly working for them closely (i.e. just kept coming out doing things for the guests or giving guests passes).

Long story short, NO, this is NOT a farewell tour. It may be awhile before we get a new Radiohead album and then another tour, so we should be ready to wait quite a while, but no, this is NO "farewell tour", not doing an REM where you play your last tour without announcing it as such until it's over.

Radiohead WILL be back, Goddess willing and the creeks don't rise!

So now that that's settled, my question is how long do we wait before you eat your cd sleeve? Do we have to wait until the next tour is actually announced, or is a new Radiohead album enough time?

You are fake news.

LP10 and I’ll do it. I’m a man of my word.

Just popping in to say Pittsburgh was one of my favorite shows I've been to. I loved the setlist and Thom was so interactive. Not sure if I agree this is for sure the end. But they are in a very comfortable space as a band. That could mean the end is near. But I've been thinking they were done since 2005 or so. They always seem to keep me guessing.

any chance of a radiohead tour to Australia ANYTIME in my lifetime? (I'm 27)

I know the feeling. Last time I saw them was in 1994 just before The Bends came out. They haven't been to Perth since. :icon_redf