Fast Tracker

Radiohead sue Lana del Rey for plagiarising Creep

Grimes is always right, so the fact she followed Thom does make me think there may be some things to the story that we don't know. Or else she really and truly is just a brilliant contrarian, that is to say, a punk, and she is supporting Thom only because many others are turning on him. I also noticed Thom liked an Ibeyi tweet (of one of their more Autotuned songs, no less) among his three likes on twitter (listen to Ash everyone, it was the AOTY). So I'm ready to give Thom the benefit of the doubt now, as long as this all resolves with Radiohead making the publisher cancel the stupid lawsuit and Lana keeping 100% of her song.

Lana Del Rey has been boycotting Israel for years. She was never even known as a publicly political person until the past year, and the left- even many feminist music critics- used to have huge, huge problems with her. The LDR fanbase circa 2014 probably was much more pro-Israel overall than Radiohead's fanbase, but nonetheless, in 2014 she put her money where only Thom Yorke's mouth had been, and pulled out of a scheduled Israel show to protest the Gaza War and occupation. That probably cost her a lot of fans.

So Lana is now as bad as Radiohead. But it’s cool cause she’s gonna play with Israeli and Palestinian children, so she’s solving the conflict now, I guess