Fast Tracker

Radiohead sue Lana del Rey for plagiarising Creep

well since all the band seems intent on doing nowadays is to be assholes it's not that weird is it

ok bud.

it's funny...

lol one of my close friends and i were just talking about this the other day.

he's a massive Radiohead fan but he hates the fans.

he's always amused that i interact with them and has a good laugh when he sees that i get annoyed by some of them.

for years he's always maintained that Radiohead fans are assholes-  and you're frankly evidence of that. As are a handful of other people on this board.

ah well.

i may come off as angry in these threads but it's more just shock and amusement......its always funny when people assume tone of voice.

anyway.

carry on.

oh and that pitchfork article just proves my point that many people were jumping the gun and being judgmental twats.

Someone mentioned earlier that it might have been the publishers pushing RH to pursue this legally - but didn't RH relatively recently (and famously) regain ownership of their backlist - presumably through a closely held publishing entity?  I'm doubting that they are doing anything other than what they want to.  If it is related to the Hollies thing, that obviously might be different.

nice. her song is more of a more blatant ripoff than creep vs the air that i breathe.

one good thing to come out of this thread is that i did listen to the air that i breathe a couple of times, and it was nice. i did love that sappy saccharine song back in the day. in very small infrequent doses. Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress) is of course a much better song. Ah, and me and skuj are probably the only 2 MTers old enough to remember Carrie-Anne from back when it was played on the radio in the 60s. I think I had that 45.

Radiohead is getting back at Lana Del Trash for doing H&M adverts. Profiting off pimping fast fashion? Just disgusting. Dem boys are gonna take that cash and save a thousand miles of rainforest or some shit.

Just like the Israel thing. They saw citizens supporting an imperialist regime and they said “these guys need to hear 2+2=5 ASAP”

Literally this dame almost says “I’m a creep I’m a weirdo” in the fucking track I’m pretty sure they had to do twenty takes because she kept singing that shit. Instead of manifesto she probably said “my modern weridooooooo” on the 21st take.

Fucking awful track too. She went through all of the radiohead tracks she was thinking of plagerizing and landed on a Pablo Honey track? bruh. She should lose her fortune just for that. She’ll go back to H&M after this, behind the cash register to be exact. It’s over for you, Lame-a, sorry.

Radiohead is getting back at Lana Del Trash for doing H&M adverts. Profiting off pimping fast fashion? Just disgusting. Dem boys are gonna take that cash and save a thousand miles of rainforest or some shit.

Just like the Israel thing. They saw citizens supporting an imperialist regime and they said “these guys need to hear 2+2=5 ASAP”

XD

Lana Del Rey has been boycotting Israel for years. She was never even known as a publicly political person until the past year, and the left- even many feminist music critics- used to have huge, huge problems with her. The LDR fanbase circa 2014 probably was much more pro-Israel overall than Radiohead's fanbase, but nonetheless, in 2014 she put her money where only Thom Yorke's mouth had been, and pulled out of a scheduled Israel show to protest the Gaza War and occupation. That probably cost her a lot of fans.