johnsmithe

Last 3 album titles make direct reference to nature

Well I meant the album titles specifically, I'd imagine all the albums has references to nature in some way or the other. But these last 3 albums the titles are in direct reference to nature.

In Rainbows, The King Of Limbs, A Moon Shaped Pool (Nature)

Pablo Honey, OK Computer, Kid A (Random)

The Bends, Amnesiac, Hail To The Thief (Has literal meanings)

ignore the snarky, cynical response.

people think they're cool and hip when they're sardonic assholes.

wow.

let's review:

:colin:    '3 album titles are nature'

:phil2:    '2 albums have a lot of air themes in them'

ignore the snarky, cynical response.

people think they're cool and hip when they're sardonic assholes.

not sure you understand how a conversation works, but good luck.

Funny haha try adding to the actual conversation instead of just meta commentary, you might actually like it

I can see where the op is coming from and it's interesting that the alternate titles of these three albums also reference nature as well

Fuck all of your bickering.

I honestly never thought about the direct nature references. I think it's more apparent for the latter two albums, but it is cool that In Rainbows marked a new era for the band and their past two albums fit nicely alongside In Rainbow.

You know, A Moon Shaped Pool has the similar instrumentation and songwriting of In Rainbows, whereas TKOL was inspired by the experience of recording In Rainbows (among other things obviously). I wonder if LP10 will mark a complete departure from the connections these albums have, or if it will be a continuation of each.

How was TKOL inspired by the experience of recording In Rainbows?

Radiohead recorded In Rainbow's in Tottingham House, which is close to Savernake Forest. The band would very often visit the forest where "The King of Limbs" tree is located. So, the band were really in touch with nature and surrounded by this beautifully old forest during the recording process of In Rainbows. It's hard to say this experience didn't rub off on TKOL.

Radiohead recorded In Rainbow's in Tottingham House, which is close to Savernake Forest. The band would very often visit the forest where "The King of Limbs" tree is located. So, the band were really in touch with nature and surrounded by this beautifully old forest during the recording process of In Rainbows. It's hard to say this experience didn't rub off on TKOL.

i suppose but a lot of TKOL was recorded in Drew Barrymore's house in Los Angeles.

So theres that.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I can see where influences for Give up the Ghost may have come from. hmm