violetmav

Happy 10th Birthday, In Rainbows!

being a radiohead fan means not declaring ones appreciation for female anatomy.

drooling over tits like you're 13 is maybe not my preferred way of showing appreciation towards women

well maybe we should have a thread where funnyHAHA waxes poetic about women so at least it's not off topic

again-  Helter  Skelter was the one that made the comments.

i responded with the word "truth".

and then MT lost it's shit and got bashful and sensitive.

i don't think anyone here was doing "bro talk".

far from it.

Helter Skelter even brought up Helen of Troy-  hardly bro talk.

give me a break.

please show me an example of "bro talk" in this thread.

General comment not intended for any specific person:

All I will say is, we don't get to decide what offends people. Even if you think that something you've done or said isn't offensive but someone else is offended, they are still offended. Just say sorry and move on--don't repeat the behavior. This should be a place for everyone, especially if people feel like they are being bullied or harassed in relation to things they can't do anything about (gender, sexual orientation, etc.). I'm not pointing any fingers. I just think a little civility could go a long way. We shouldn't feel so entitled to be able to do or say anything we want. We should choose to be respectful. 

Also, IR is a magnificent record. It spent a long time in the number one spot for me. It hasn't aged like I thought it would, but it is still top 3-4. What a lovely statement the band made. I also have really fond memories of the concerts during this tour. The band seemed so happy and they were still putting 1-2 surprises in every show--covers, b-sides, unreleased songs, etc. 

General comment not intended for any specific person:

All I will say is, we don't get to decide what offends people. Even if you think that something you've done or said isn't offensive but someone else is offended, they are still offended. Just say sorry and move on--don't repeat the behavior. This should be a place for everyone, especially if people feel like they are being bullied or harassed in relation to things they can't do anything about (gender, sexual orientation, etc.). I'm not pointing any fingers. I just think a little civility could go a long way. We shouldn't feel so entitled to be able to do or say anything we want. We should choose to be respectful. 

that said- people are also too easily offended these days.

it creates an unhealthy and dysfunctional culture in my opinion.

Louis CK, Seinfeld, Chris Rock, etc.........a lot of great comedians don't play college campuses anymore for this reason.

people feel entitled to never being offended.

that's not how reality works.

Reality works as a rather complex negotiated experience between a multitude of different people with different beliefs, cultural and normative frameworks, etc, who have to find ways to co-exist. Roughly 50% of these people either have, or will have, breasts in their lifetime, and possibly don't appreciate having to exist in a reality where grown adult men walk around exclaiming 'boobies are hawt, huck huck huck!'